Sunday, November 15, 2009

Up!

Today, not a whole lot happened out here, but it was a great day. Right before I was fixin' to walk with Leslie, the phone rang—it was Kinky. He called me from the Kansas City airport, to see how we were doing. 

After I told him that we were doing fine, we talked about Brian Kanof coming to the ranch tonight, and getting Bogie, the cat, ready, so tomorrow morning Brian can adopt him, and take him to El Paso to live with him. Before hanging up, Kinky told me that he was headed to Philadelphia, and that he will be on Imus, Tuesday morning!

I spent most of my day working on the cover design for my book! I spent hours outside, shooting my pink boots, Buddhapug and a brick. I think I've got it, but I am going to look at the artwork in a couple of days to make sure I still like it.

This afternoon, around four-thirty, Tony and I went over to the Lodge to visit with The Friedmans, and to catch Bogie, so he could be adopted tomorrow morning. The Friedmans were doing fine. They were watching the Dallas Cowboys play poorly, so we went outside to find Bogie.

We found Bogie sitting up on the Pro Shop roof. As I coaxed him down, Tony visited with Will, from a safe distance, because Will has been sick with some kind of crud. In less than thirty-seconds, I had Bogie in my arms, and I carried him inside the Pro Shop, and then fed him. 

We asked Will to please keep Bogie inside the Pro Shop for the rest of the night, because of some possible thunderstorms later tonight, and so we could easily crate him in the morning, so Brian could then take him to his new cat friendly home. Will said he would. Then we returned to the rescue ranch to watch the Cowboys lose.

I'm fixin' to watch Up!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: