Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Go Tony!

Today has been great, even though I overslept! Fortunately, I didn't miss seeing Kinky on Imus, because last night, before going to bed, I programmed our Dish DVR, to record the show.

While I fed our dogs and Lucky, I watched Kinky, Little Jewford and Washington Ratso on Imus! I thought the show was great! All three of them were funny, and they had Don Imus, his crew, and me laughing!

When Tony came home from Medina, I watched it again, so Tone could see it, as we drank our breakfast smoothies. 

After Tony had done his chores outside, and I had walked six miles, I returned several phone calls, while T. harvested some of his crops on Facebook. Tony is excited, because he has nearly caught up to Will's virtual farm! Go Tony or should I say, Grow, Tony, Grow!

I was going to fix Cousin Nancy's Asparagus Soup for lunch, but T. didn't want soup, because he was 'starving.' Because he knew we had to go to Kerrville to get supplies, Tony offered to treat me to lunch at Randy & Lisa's Save Inn restaurant—an offer that I couldn't refuse! 

When we arrived at the Save Inn, the parking lot was packed, and we took the last parking space available. As always, our lunch was delicious, and their friendly waitresses were very friendly, and all smiles! Near the end of our meal, Randy came over to our table to tell me that he had just finished reading my book, and that he loved it! His kind words made me feel great. Thank, you Randy for making my day!

After Tone and I left the Save Inn, we swung by Copies Plus, because I needed to talk to Trish about possibly needing some help with my book jacket design, because she is so talented when it comes to design. Trish  told me that she would love to help me, if I needed it. We visited for a few minutes, then we took off after some customers had come into the print shop.

After we got our supplies at Walmart, Buttermilk took us home. After returning a few phone calls, I turned on my salt lamp, cranked up my iPod, and then worked on my book. 

I downloaded some templates from the company that I am going to use to print my book, and I started putting it together! At one point, when my book went from two hundred pages, to nearly three hundred pages, I called Jon at Wolfmueller's Books, for some advice on what size my book should be and I'm glad that I did.

After getting off of the phone with him, I selected the six inch by nine inch template, and started all over, again. Three hours later, I had the dedication, the table of contents and the book loaded into the template! All I have to do now is get the ISBN number, register it with the Library of Congress and finish the cover design! I am so excited about finally almost having my book ready!

Tomorrow, I plan to take a copy over to Sheryl, so she can start editing it! I am hoping I will have my book in hand and ready to sell within the next ten days! Please wish me luck!

Brian Kanof, called me about twenty minutes ago, to give me an update on Bogie, the cat, that he adopted from us, yesterday. From Brian's report, it sounds like Bogie is really happy in El Paso, and he is getting along great with Brian's other two cats, Zelda, who he adopted from us, years ago, and Watson! Brian told me that he and Jackie may change Bogie's name to Winston Churchill. I am so glad that Bogie is doing so well, and is happy! Thank you, Brian!

As soon as I got off of the phone with Brian, the phone rang, again—it was Kinky. "Hello, Nance! How are you?"

Kinky and I talked for about five minutes. He is in Washington D.C.! We talked about Bogie, The Friedmans, the weather, my book, and the rescue ranch. Before the end of our conversation, Kinky told me that he will be back at the ranch this weekend, and that he is looking forward to spending some down time at the ranch, and I can't wait to see him!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: