Friday, November 13, 2009

Our Dog Walking Volunteers Rock!

Today has been a good day. This morning Tony came in, while I was returning some phone calls, to tell me that we had six dog walkers here! "June, Ellen, Jim, Lisa, Sha and Sydney are walking our dogs! Come on outside and say hi."

After they took off, I found Jim returning Pearl and Laz to their pen. I gave him a cap, and then he and I talked about the dogs. A few minutes later, Lisa, Sha and Sydney showed up, and I had a short, but fun visit with them, before they leashed up three more happy dogs to take for a walk! 

When I returned to the trailer, I called Kinky to tell him about the six volunteers being here! Kinky was delighted with my news. "Nance, we need to take them out to lunch as soon as I get back..."

Around one o'clock, Clark Kent arrived! Tony and I had been expecting him. Karen, a very nice woman, had rescued Clark on a highway near Spring, Texas, a few days ago. "When I saw him standing on the side of the road, I knew I had to help him. Cars were flying by and I was scared that he was going to get hit, so I turned around. When I pulled up, and opened the door, and he jumped right in! He is a great dog, and he got along fine with my friend's Schnauzer. I haven't named him..."

"What are you going to name him, Nance?" Tone asked. 

"Clark Kent," I said, as I petted him. "He's a super dog. Just look at him." Karen, Tone and I then walked Clark down to Princess' pen. After they had sniffed each other through the fence for a few minutes, T. and Karen took him into Princess' pen, so they could meet. After a long sniff-a-thon, they started playing, and they seemed to really like each other! 

We visited with Karen for about twenty minutes, and then she needed to leave, because she had an eight hour drive ahead of her. She lives in Port Arthur. 

Clark Kent is approximately two years old, and he is as sweet as they come. He showered Karen with kisses, while she was driving through San Antonio traffic! He is also trained to walk on a leash, and he knows the 'sit' command. He definitely gets along with other dogs, and I think he has fallen in love with Smilin' Jack's old girlfriend, Princess. Here's a picture of him.


Y'all have a super evening!

3 comments:

DY_Goddess said...

Clark Kent is very handsome indeed, I love the brindles!!

This is too sweet not to share, I cried when I saw this, the dog's reckless joy is undeniable. Enjoy!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e27_1258078465

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Clark Kent is beautiful, and we think he might be part Bassett, because he is a low rider, with short legs. thank you for the comment. I will check out the site.

Anonymous said...

will smilin' jack's new family make that video of that jack smile?