Monday, February 24, 2014

Pink Cadillac!

Today has been great, even though it was a very busy day. This morning, while Tony was in Medina, I washed a load of clothes, vacuumed up the dog hair and had steam-mopped The Cabin's wooden floors and had breakfast ready and waiting when Tony returned home.

I did all of this, because I knew that we had a busy day ahead of us. When it was time to do our morning chores outside, I stayed inside, so I could return several phone calls, before going outside to help Tony. It was a good decision, because Paul called to tell me that he was already on his way to deliver a load of dog food to us. Then my dear friend Ann, who I've known since I was seven-years-old called to discuss a good time for a visit.

Forty minutes later, I was outside, helping Tony finish feeding the rest of the dogs and cleaning up their pens. Paul arrived with a full truck load of free dog food, as I was cleaning up Miranda Lambert's and Blake Shelton's pen. So Tony took off, to go help Paul unload the dog food, while I wound things up.

Thirty minutes later after exchangeing emails with Mari, Tony and I put Daisy, in a crate, so we could drop her off at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, for Mari to pick up. Then we jumped inside Buttermilk and took off for Kerrville.


After we had dropped off Daisy, Tony and I went down the road, to Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant, to eat a delicious lunch, before Tony's chiropractor appointment, at 1:30.

When we left Dr. Hubble's chiropractic office, Tony's back felt much better, so we decided to run a few more errands, before heading home. Our first stop was at The Cailloux Theater, so we could vote early. Then we went to Wolfmueller Books, to visit with our good friends, Sandy & Jon and for me to pick up 10 copies of The Road to Utopia: How Kinky, Tony & I Saved More Animals Than Noah that Sandy and Jon had ordered for me, so I can turn around and sell them at the upcoming Local Authors Expo, in Boerne, this Saturday.


After a fun visit with Sandy & Jon at their fabulous bookstore, we took off for the Post Office, so I could mail a few letters. Then we went to Gibson's, to buy four, new, replacement wheels for our old wagon, for me to use, when feeding our dogs outside, because carrying around those heavy feed buckets, every morning, makes my joints ache. 

We also purchased another wagon for Tony to use, because with Tony's serious back problems, he doesn't need to be lifting those heavy buckets out of Kermit all of the time and it would be much better for his back, to pull a wagon loaded with several buckets, half full of dog food.

Before leaving Gibson's Tony spotted a jar of Udderly Smooth skin lotion, that we were told is great for dry skin.


When it was time for us to check out, I had another senior moment and it embarrassed me, because I had forgotten to cut a rescue ranch check, to pay for the the wheels and the wagon, so I ended up writing a personal check for everything, knowing that the rescue ranch will reimburse me later. Then we came home. 

When we got back home, I took these pictures of the four wheels that Tony put on the old, green wagon, which I will paint pink tomorrow and have already named The Pink Cadillac and the building of the yellow wagon, that I've named The Yellow Submarine, that Tony will be hauling around, with lighter, half-filled buckets of dog food.







And that is about it for tonight, except I want to wish David the best birthday ever!

P.S. Tony and I love the Udderly Smooth skin cream and we highly recommend it. We plan to buy another jar of it, so we can have his and her Udderly Smooth skin!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: