Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Carol!

Yesterday was an incredibly great day. I wanted to write about it last night, but I ran out of time and energy, so I am going to write about it now.

Thursday morning, our super friends/volunteers, Eileen and June came out, as planned, to pick up George Carlin, because they were taking him to the San Antonio Rodeo. And George was not going there to ride a bull or do the two-step with a poodle. He was going to the Dock Dog Expo, to learn how to be a Dock Dog and possibly adopted. Dock Dogs is a fun sport where dogs run down a long dock and then leap into a pool of water, to fetch a tennis ball.


I am not sure which one of us was the most excited about George going to San Antone to spend the day, but I am pretty sure it was George, because he loves the water so much.

After Tony and I adios-ed June, Eileen and George, we finished doing our chores outside. When we came back inside The Cabin, Jack had called and left a message on Carlton, "Nancy, my wife and I were wondering if we could come out later today, to pick up Starsky. We would like to take him home for the weekend, to see if he gets along with other dog..."

Around 4:15 things started popping, at the rescue ranch, when Carol Called me! "Nancy, I'm heading home. I'm between Pipe Creek and Bandera right now and Lorri just called me and they should be at my ranch about the same time that I get there! Jeff and Lorri are anxious to see y'all, so come on over as soon as you can..." 

Tony and I were excited about seeing Lorri and Jeff, so I told Carol that as soon as George got back and Jack picked up Starsky, I would come over and then Tony would come over, after the kids had left, around 5:30.

Ten minutes later, while Tony and Karon were down at the creek, supervising the kids and the dogs, I went outside to greet Jack, Eileen and June. "Nancy, George was fantastic!" Eileen said. "Sydney, the DockDog trainer, was very excited about letting George, learn how to be a DockDog. When June and I walked out on stage with George, Sydney was telling the audience all about George and the rescue ranch. He told them about his master dying in a fire, in Hunt, then a friend of the family fostered George for four months, before bringing him to the rescue ranch! And when he finished introducing George, several people made donations to the rescue ranch."

"Nancy," June said. "George had a blast today. Sydney told us that he would adopt George, in a Montana minute, but because he already has too many dogs, he couldn't. I wish that we could stay, but I've got to get home."

"Nancy, I'll send you some pictures when I get home," Eileen said, before they drove off.

"Hi, Jack," I said, as I grabbed a leash. "Looks like Starsky can't wait to go spend a weekend with you and your wife..." And I was right about that. As soon as I put a leash on Starsky, he ran to Jack's truck and immediately jumped into the backseat.

Ten minutes later, I jumped into Trigger's front seat and took off for Carol's ranch and twenty minutes later, Tony jumped into Buttermilk and took off for Carol's ranch.

We had a wonderful visit with Carol, Lorri and Jeff, as we sat out on the deck, with a fire burning in her Chiminea. 

When we came back home—Eileen had sent me these pictures of George's unforgettable fun day, in San Antone.





We are so happy for George Carlin! If you are interested in adopting this great three-year-old dog, please call me at the rescue ranch: 830-589-7544.

This evening, Chet O'Keefe, Tony and I are going over to Carol's ranch to celebrate Carol's birthday, with Carol, Lorri and Jeff. Chet and I are taking our guitars, so we can play a little music with Jeff!

And that is about it for now, but before I go eat lunch with the volunteers, I want to say, "Happy Birthday Carol! And Happy Valentine's Day to Y'all!"

Y'all have a great day like we are!

No comments: