Monday, February 17, 2014

The Saints!

Yesterday was great. After Tony and I did our morning chores outside and had come back inside The Cabin, Carlton was flashing, on top of the breakfast bar, to alert me that someone had left a message.

The message was from Jack. The nice couple that were trying out Starsky, for the weekend. When I talked to Jack he told me that he and Carol loved Starsky and he was wondering if it would be okay for him to come out, between 11:30 and 12:30, instead of Wednesday as planned, to sign off on Starsky's adoption papers, because Starsky had stolen their hearts. "We love this dog..."

Around 11:00, after I had dropped Tony off, at the Medina Children's Home. So he could meet up and ride with his friends in their camera club, because they were going on a field trip, to Llano, to photograph baby eaglets, I opened our gate for Jack to get into the rescue ranch.

When I walked inside The Cabin, Linda called to tell me that Peggy Sue had been too food aggressive with their sweet, old dog. She felt terrible about bringing her back, but I thanked her and her husband for giving Peggy Sue a try and then I reassured her that it just wasn't meant to be.

Jack arrived around 12:20. After he had signed off on Starsky's adoption papers, who they have renamed Cooper, he told me how pleased they were to adopt Cooper from us. We chatted for about five minutes about what a great dog he was and then we adios-ed each other.

After Jack drove away, I went to Buddy's pen, to tell him that his old roommate was coming back and Buddy wagged his tail. Two minutes later, Linda arrived with Peggy Sue. When Peggy saw Buddy, in their old pen, she got excited! When Linda put her on the grass, Peggy Sue pulled me, because she could not wait to get back inside her pen, with her best friend Buddy.

After Linda and I laughed about how happy she and Buddy were to be reunited, we visited for a few minutes.

At 1:30, Ben Welch and Will Wallace, my dear friends, called me. They were at the ranch and they wanted to know it they could come over for a visit. To say the least, "They stayed for over three hours and I totally enjoyed their visit."

Today has been great. After lunch and the kitchen was clean, Tony and I made a fast trip to get groceries at the H-E-B, on 16, in Kerrville.

Late this afternoon, I went into the Space Ship. It needed a little more  cleaning and when I was finished with that chore, I asked Tony to please carry out my big J.C. Penney box to the Space Ship, because it has been taking up too much space, inside The Cabin.

Then I spent over an hour, having fun decorating the Space Ship. I took everything out of that J.C. Penny box and hung up the curtains, put new linens on the bunk beds and the pillows inside their pretty shams. And the best was last, when I took down the old shower curtain and hung up the pretty, pink shower curtain and placed the pink bath mat over the tub.

This evening my good friend Mari sent me an e-mail concerning two, sweet, female St. Bernards, that are in urgent need of a home. The two St. Bernards had assisted a family member with M.S. The child has been diagnosed with severe allergies to animals, so the family must find homes for their three cats and these two dogs. In the pictures, the tallest Saint is Marble and she will be three-years-old, on February 22. The other Saint will be three-years-old in October. So if you or know of someone wanting cats or Saint Bernards, please call me at the rescue ranch for more information. 830-589-7544. And that is about it for tonight. Here are the dog's pictures:



Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: