Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It Is M.I.R. Time, Again!

The last couple of days have been great, but I was too busy, which made me too tired to write in the evenings.

Today has been great, too, even though it is M.I.R. (Mercury In Retrograde) time, once again and it officially starts tomorrow. After I cooked lunch for us and had cleaned up the kitchen, Tony and I jumped inside Trigger and took off for Kerrville, to run a few quick errands. The reason that we were sort of in a hurry was that I needed to get back to the ranch as soon as possible, so Kinky and I could have a business meeting about our exciting, upcoming Utopia Concert, on Palm Sunday, at the Cailloux Theatre.

Our first stop was at the big H-E-B, on Main Street, to get a few groceries. While Tony was outside filling up Trigger's tank, I was inside filling up my grocery cart as fast as I could. I ended up running into a couple of good friends and because I visited a little too long with them, because I talk too much, Tony got worried about me and came into the store to find me.

He found me in the card isle reading funny cards and laughing out loud. "Hi, Tony. You've got to read this card. It's perfect." After he read it he laughed, too, so I put it in our cart. During the ten minutes it took for us to finish shopping and check out, I had told Tony almost everything that I had talked about with our friends. "When I saw Laura, she looked like she had lost some weight, so I told her, "Hi, Laura. You've lost some weight and you look great!" And then she laughed, Tony, and said, "No, I haven't, but I do want you to know that you are now my very best friend...."

After we went to the Post Office Sub Station, that has some of the friendliest Postal Workers, we took off for Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, so we could pick up Ginger Rogers and take her home with us. We took Ginger there, Monday afternoon, so we could get her spayed, a month after having weaned her five puppies, because next week she will be going to her new, fantastic, forever home, in Abilene and I will have my office back. Then Trigger took us home.

When I went over to the Lodge, Kinky and I took care of rescue ranch business first and to say the least, "We are so excited about Billy Joe Shaver and Ray Benson and Asleep at the Wheel doing the Concert for Utopia, that also includes Chet O'Keefe and Jesse Dayton performing his awesome salute to George Jones." Then we had a very fun visit talking about his mystery book that he is working on and the two books that I am working on.

Before I left the Lodge to come back home, around 6:00, Kinky and I went outside, jumped inside his truck, Mr. Green Jeans, along with two of The Friedmans: Winston Churchill and Sophie, so we could ride around the ranch, to gather some wood for his fireplace. Thirty minutes later, he had a big stack of firewood and I was back home checking on the pot of beans that I am cooking. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: