Friday, January 24, 2014

Thank You Carol!

Today has been great. Late this afternoon, while I was over at Kinky's having a business meeting with him, in his kitchen, the phone rang. Kinky took off for his office to go answer the phone. I heard Kinky say, "Yes." Then he chuckled. "Okay. Bye."

Then he returned to the kitchen and said, "That was Tony. He asked me to tell you that you need to come home, because Carol has just arrived."

"Okay, I'm out of here, Kink." Then we adios-ed each other as I jumped into Trigger, to go home.

When I walked inside The Cabin I greeted Carol and then Tony said, "Carol brought us three jars of her Daddy's delicious salsa. And, she also baked us some oatmeal cookies to share with Kinky and Chet." Then Tony took a sip of Green Mountain's Donut Shop coffee.

"Thank you, Carol," I said. "We can go over to Kinky's right now, if you want to, or I can take them over there, later. It doesn't matter to me."

"If you don't mind, I would rather stay here, because my allergies are bothering me."

As always, we had a fun visit with Carol. We talked about the weather, the high price of hay, where the three of us will be sitting, at the Mel Tillis concert, that she is treating us to. We did a lot of laughing too, when we talked about our horses, Rosebud and Maya and her dogs, Jake and Scout. Then we talked about how much fun we had on Tuesday, when Chet O'Keefe came over and treated us to a enjoyable mini-concert, in Outer Space.

When we started to talk about healthy soup recipes, Carol jumped up and said, "Oh! I need to leave. I've left soup cooking, on the stove top. Nancy, the two, smaller bags of cookies are for Chet and Kinky." Then we adios-ed each other.

Five minutes later, I called Kinky to tell him about Carol's cookies, that Kinky and Chet love as much as Tony and I do.

A few minutes later, I walked inside Kinky's kitchen to deliver the cookies, but Kinky wasn't there and the dogs were gone, too. I figured he had decided to take a nap, so, I left Carol's bags of cookies, on the table and came back home.

An hour later, figuring that Kinky was done with his nap, I called him. "Kinky, where were you when I came over to deliver Carol's cookies?"

"I guess I had walked down the hill to see if my cigars had been delivered. I've been home all day. Thanks for bringing them over and please thank Carol for me."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: