Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tailgate Party!

Today has been great. Around 3:30, the phone rang, I recognized Carol's number and answered, "Hi, Carol!"

"Let's ride! It is a beautiful day, so come on over so we can ride our horses."

"I would love to and it is exactly what I need. I've got to go find Tony. He's somewhere on the ranch taking pictures. We'll be over there in about thirty minutes..."

Tony was not hard to find. When Trigger and I pulled up, at Kinky's Lodge, Kermit was parked near the gate. When I walked inside Kinky's kitchen, Kinky half-hollered, we're in here."

When I walked into the big room I greeted Kinky and Chet and then said, "Tony, the Cowgirl Sisterhood needs you. Carol and I are going to ride our horses and we need you, our personal paparazzi, to take pictures."

"Well, I hope I don't receive an emergency phone call from Tony telling me that you're dead," Kinky half-joked. "Have fun and please be careful, Nancy." I started laughing.

"Don't worry, Kinky. Those days are over. I only walk Maya and if she starts to walks too fast, I dismount. Come on, Tony. I've got to go grab my cowboy hat before we go over to Carol's."

As we were leaving, Chet O'Keefe said, "Have fun and tell Carol that I said, "Hi.""

When we arrived at Carol's beautiful ranch, she had already saddled Maya and Rosebud and she was loping Maya, in the corral. When it was time for us to get on our horses, I tried standing on a turned-over bucket, to get on Maya, but because she is so tall and I am just the opposite, I couldn't.


So, I suggested,"Let me stand on Trigger's tailgate to get on Maya." Then we took off.



Tony held Maya for me and I got into the saddle just fine. Then Carol and I took off, with Tony snapping pictures of us.


Before Tony took this picture of us, parked by the big Oak tree, he said, "I'm so lucky, getting to take pictures of the four prettiest girls, in Medina." And that made us smile.


Carol and I laughed. "Yes, you are, Tony," Carol teased. "And that's why we don't pay you anything to take our pictures." 

Then I jokingly said, "Tony, because you are so sweet to take pictures of us, Carol and I are thinking about making you an honorary member of the Cowgirl Sisterhood." Then the only two members, in our club, rode off.


Carol and I rode Rosebud and Maya for about an hour and it was a total blast for me. We laughed and got to catch up with each others news and then we laughed some more. The weather today could not have been more perfect, for us to ride. "Thank you, Carol, for making my day great." And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: