Saturday, January 18, 2014

Jeremy Clyde!

Today has been great. We had many visitors come out to take tours of our rescue ranch and we enjoyed meeting everyone. Around 2:40, the nicest, retired couple came out to possibly adopt one of our super dogs and Jeremy Clyde stole their hearts, so they adopted him. To say the least, "Kinky, Tony and I are thrilled about it."


I took this picture of Jeremy, just before he happily, leaped up into the backseat of their SUV. It made Tony and I laugh, because this sweet dog could not wait to leave our rescue ranch and be chauffeured away to his new, fantastic, forever home. 

Right after Jeremy and his forever family drove away, I came inside The Cabin, so I could put the lid on our trash can, that Roy Rogers always raids, because we needed to take off and get groceries, at the big H-E-B, in Kerrville. And believe it or not, Roy actually frowned and wrinkled his forehead, when he watched me push the trash can lid down tightly, on his "treasured tub of treats" that he had been looking forward to eating.

Halfway to Kerrville, just before the Quiet Valley Ranch, that annually hosts the famous Kerrville Folk Festival, we saw a beautiful dog, that sort of looked like Jeremy, running down the middle of Highway 16, so Tony pulled Trigger off of the road and parked. I jumped out of Trigger and hollered, "Come here, buddy!" The dog looked at me and started running towards me.

Then I heard a woman holler, "He's my dog!" I looked around and saw the woman standing on her front porch. "Come here, Buddy! Bad dog. You know better than that." As I watched Buddy, turn right and run to the woman. "Thank you, for trying to rescue Buddy! Y'all have a wonderful day!"

"You're welcome!" I hollered, as I jumped back inside Trigger. As we drove off, I said, "Tony, that dog looked exactly like Jeremy, except his ears were erect. And his name was Buddy. Can you believe that?"

"I know. I thought for sure that we would be taking him back home with us to replace Jeremy. I'm just glad that he didn't get hit. He's home and off of 16. Nance, please add a can of Planter's Mixed Nuts to your grocery list. I'm also out of..."

During my brief shopping spree, at H-EB, I did put a can of Tony's favorite mixed nuts into my grocery cart and scratch it off of my shopping list. 

As I finish writing this, Tony's happy to have his favorite mixed nuts and he is, standing in the kitchen, munching on some of them, right now and I'm just happy that today has turned out to be so great. And that is about it for tonight. "Tony, please save some cashews for me."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: