Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cedar Fever!

Today has been great, even though I woke up this morning coughing and sneezing non-stop. At first, I was scared that I might be coming down with the flu, but I know it is definitely cedar fever, because when I was outside helping Tony with the morning chores—it got worse. And get this, Buster Brown, our cute, six-year-old Jack Russell terrier was sneezing too, because of the cedar.

The good news for today is all of Ginger Rogers' puppies have been adopted to great homes. Around 1:00, Tony and I me up with his friend, Patty, in Kerrville, so she could adopt Jase and take him home. And late this afternoon, Karon brought her friend over, who works at the children's home too, so she and her delightful son and daughter could adopt Sopapilla and take her to her fabulous forever home.

And that is about it for tonight, because I am sneezing so much, it makes it hard for me to type. Hopefully, the cedar count won't be so high tomorrow, because I am close to running out of Kleenex.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Eileen/Fab4#3 said...

Nancy, I saw a man driving in Kerrville with a surgical mask on!!! I realized it had to be because of the cedar pollen! I also saw a big puff of smoke come out of the trees behind my house this afternoon! And we had rain earlier in the morning which should have helped lower that, but it didn't! I think you need to wear a mask when you go out to help Tony with the dogs. We'll call you the Lone Rangette!!! You can draw a smiling mouth on it with teeth showing!

Mari of the NoMads said...

Eileen, thank you for the post. I have seen more than one person wearing surgical masks inside various stores in Kerrville. I thought they were all just overly cautious about not catching the flu virus!

Thanks for opening my eyes to "other possibilities" for those masks!