Friday, September 6, 2013

I Think!

Today has been great. This morning our good friends/volunteers came out and walked our dogs for us and our dogs loved it. Around 11:00, I was outside, by Lois Lane's pen, visiting with Tony and Jim aka The Mineral Man. Jim told me that he had enjoyed reading my blog and then he asked us about Tony's new, wearable, high-powered glasses. "You've got to see them!" I said. "I'll go get them." Then I jumped into Kermit and took off for the trailer.

When I returned, I showed Jim how to adjust them and then I suggested that he put them on, so I could get his opinion on them. Jim slipped them on and then sort of shook his head like he was trying to regain his balance, and then he started adjusting the vision. "They're good for looking at things far away," Tony said, as I silently chuckled to myself, because Jim now looked like a mad scientist, causing Lois Lane to start barking at him.

"I can see the top of a tree. I think," Jim replied. As he removed the under-ten-bucks glasses I had to walk away, because I was dying to laugh out loud. After laughing, I returned to them and he and Tony were studying the pair of glasses. Then Eileen walked up, after returning George Carlin to his pen and we discussed doing lunch.

Lunch was a lot of fun and it was filled with laughter. When Ellen told us that Art, Koyote's fabulous chef, we all sighed in disappointment and then we wished Art luck with his new chef job, at a famous steak house, in San Antone. Then our friend Pete, who works at Koyote, walked up to our table to tease Ellen, about being The Bacon-a-tor and he said, "Okay, Gravel Gertie. Did you get enough bacon today, Gertie?" Everyone laughed but me, because I had no idea who Gravel Gertie was, so I asked.

Jim and Ellen knew who Gertie Gravel was. Then Ellen Googled it on her cell phone, just to make sure. "Gertie Gravel is a Dick Tracy character," Ellen said. "It says here, that she lived in a gravel pit. Extremely homely, bulging eyes, bad teeth and a hairy upper lip. She has long, silky hair and a beautiful singing voice and she plays the mandolin." All of us started laughing. She continued, "Gertie married Bob Oscar "B.O." Plenty. Their daughter, Sparkle Plenty, married Dick Tracy's son and..."

About ten minutes before our lunch was over, Tony told me that he was leaving with Ellen aka Gertie, to help her with a small plumbing problem, at her and June's nearby ranch, and he asked me to please come pick him up when our lunch was over. Then they left the building.

When it was time for us to leave the building, I realized that Tony had not left Buttermilk's key with me, so Carol offered to take Brandon and me over to Ellen's ranch, so we could get the key.

After Carol had dropped us off, Brandon and I were walking up the driveway towards Ellen and Tony and he jokingly hollers, "Did y'all forget something? You were supposed to drive over here. Not walk." Then he started laughing.

"I know. You forgot to give us the key," I teased back. Then all of us started laughing. A few minutes later, Ellen drove Tony back over to Koyote, to fetch Buttermilk and ten minutes later, we had dropped Brandon off and were back home.

Early this evening, Jon & Sandy Wolfmueller called me, "Hello, Nancy. Sandy and I read your blog and we want to know more about Tony's binocular glasses and we also want to see them." Then he, Sandy and I started laughing. Then I told them all about them. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: