Monday, September 16, 2013

Spur Of The Moment!

Today has been great. This morning while I was cooking breakfast I lost something, then I totally forgot all about it when Brandon and Tony showed up.

While T. and Bama were doing the outside chores this morning, I started getting everything ready for lunch. Last night I had decided to cook outside, so I could try to make Carol's delicious recipe for grilled chicken thighs with roasted vegetables.

The vegetables that I chopped up were fresh zucchini, yellow squash, okra, green beans, onion and a red bell pepper. Then I prepared the chicken thighs with Carol's secret ingredient. Then I went outside and threw a bag of charcoal into our smoker and started a fire.

When Tony and Brandon got a whiff of the smoke, it alarmed them. So they jumped into Kermit and flew down to The Okay Corral, to discover it was just the smoker heating up. Then they went back to feeding the dogs and cleaning their pens.

A little later on, while the three of us were enjoying the delicious meal that I had prepared, Carol showed up to pick up something that she had left over here. We had a short, fun visit with her, and she loved all of my decorating improvements.

After lunch, the three of us went to Kerrville to run a couple of errands and to pick up Miranda and Blake, at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic.

The Border Collie pups were glad to see us and they rode quietly in their crates all of the way home. Here are few pictures that I took after their arrival. The first one is Miranda Lambert.


This is Blake Shelton. 


When I asked Blake to pose for me, this is what I got.


After we put the puppies in their pen, we dropped Brandon off and came back home. It had not been two minutes, before the wind picked up and rain began pounding us. The rain only lasted for about thirty minutes, but we were lucky enough to have gotten over one inch of rain!

Late this afternoon, we had another important arrival—our new quilt, that we can't use except for special occasions, because Beau would rather eat quilts than regular dog food. I took this picture the minute that Tony had pulled the quilt out of its package, with Beau already anxiously checking it out.



Early this evening Carol and I talked on the phone and we have planned an upcoming, spur of the moment Cowgirl Sisterhood out-of-town adventure. We know it will be a blast and we are very excited about it and Tony is fine about it, too. I will tell you more about it, later on. 

As I finish typing this tonight, I am laughing, because today neither, Tony, Brandon or Carol have noticed my drastic hair loss. This morning, I cut off over five inches of my long ponytail and I think it looks much better. It will be interesting to see who discovers it first.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: