Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Coffee & The Big Apple!

Today has been great. This afternoon, Tony and I jumped into Buttermilk and took off for Bandera, to run a few errands and to get a few things I'll need for Carol's and my upcoming Cowgirl Sisterhood Spur of the Moment road trip. As we were slowly driving through Medina I was startled when I looked to the right and saw the town's big apple knocked off of it's base, laying upside down on the ground. "When did this happen?" I asked.

"Last week. Some stupid kids did it, just for fun. The whole town is mad about it..."

"On our way back, I want you to stop and take a picture of me standing next to Medina's big apple, for my blog tonight."

After running our errands in Bandera, Tony did stop and take a picture of me standing next to the big apple. And if you look closely behind the apple, you will see the rock base and the broken pipe, that was used to support Medina's big apple.


When we climbed back into Buttermilk, we saw all of these cars and motorcycles parked in front of Log Beds, a fairly new store in Medina, that makes cedar furniture, just like the kind that Tony and I used to make fifteen years ago. "Let's go check out the Log Beds store," I said.

When we walked inside the beautifully decorated store, a very nice woman approached us, "Welcome, come on in. I know, I know you but," she said.

"We run the rescue ranch," I said.

"Yes, that's it. I watched the video. I'm Linda and my husband, Tucker, love dogs and we love what y'all are doing."

"I love your store and love what y'all are doing, too." Then we visited some more, as she walked us around their beautiful furniture store. "I love how you have decorated this place and your furniture is top notch. I am going to get my friend Carol to come check it out, because we love to decorate. She is going to love this place, too..."

Our next stop was across the street, at The Old Timer, because we saw Sam, Tony's brother's, truck parked around the side. When we walked inside the store, we were greeted by everyone. I visited with Sam for a few minutes and then a very funny sign for sale, over on a corner display, caught my eye, so I went to check it out. One minute later, I bought it and it was mine—instant gratification. It felt good and it says it all, because Tony and I can't function, in the morning, until we have drank coffee.

Before leaving the town's famous and favorite place to congregate, Debbie, the super nice store owner, came over to talk to Tony and me about buying Tony's new postcards that are coming out soon and also buying some more of my novellas from me. Tony and my egos were pumped up, when we left to go home.

When we got home, I removed the carved, wooden duck from the wall, so I could hang my new sign there. I laughed when I saw the duck's nearly four o'clock shadow that it had permanently left on the wall.


Then I reluctantly hung up my new sign, because I knew that I would always miss that duck, but then again, it will always be there, hidden behind the sign. And I have already named it, Undercover Duck. So, anytime that I am missing it, I can just remove the sign and stare at it, until I get bored and cover it up again.


Ten minutes later I called Kinky. "Kinky, Tony told me the funniest joke. I didn't get it at first and he had to explain it to me, but I think you will like it. I'm not good at telling jokes and I was wondering if I can bring Tony over there to tell you the joke?"

"Sure, come on over." I was thrilled about us going over to Kinky's, because maybe he would be the first to notice that I had cut off five inches of my ponytail.

Kinky loved the joke, too and we had a good laugh about it, but I can't tell the joke on my blog, because it is adult humor. During a fun, but short visit with Kinky, I kept purposefully swinging, my much shortened ponytail around, in hopes that one of them would notice, but that didn't happen.

Today, even though Tony, Brandon, Kinky and Sam have not noticed my drastic hair loss, I will be the first to let y'all know who does. I'm betting it will be Carol, because she reads my blog. I love my new sign and that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: