Sunday, September 15, 2013

Brandon's Back!

Today has been great. Early this morning Kinky came over with his friends Karen and Dan, because he wanted them to see our rescue ranch and to meet us. Tony and I really liked them and we enjoyed visiting with them, before they took off, for Kerrville, with Kinky, to eat breakfast together, before they drove back home.

Tony and I got a late start this morning. We did go to Kerrville, but we were too late to pick up Miranda and Blake, at Hoegemeyers, which is fine, because we plan to pick them up tomorrow.

Last week, a dear friend sent me two pictures of a beautiful cabin. I loved the pictures so much I forwarded them to Carol, because we have similar decorating tastes and that is what started our decorating projects last Thursday. These are the two pictures that inspired both of us.



Friday morning after breakfast, to start my project, I asked Brandon to help me move a few things for me, because Brandon's back is much stronger than Tony's or mine. I asked him to put my guitar amp, in my pink cabin and bring in my faux, electric woodburning stove, that was outside in my writing cabin. 

While he and Tony did the morning chores outside, I did some more feng-shui-ing and I was thrilled with the results. Then I took this picture.


Before the three of us ate lunch, I asked Brandon to please remove my old storage cabinet in the kitchen and then bring in the storage cabinet, that I had built, that was outside, in Outer Space, our screened in porch. Here are pictures of the old tile cabinet taken to the dump and the one he carried inside.



Then we ate lunch. After cleaning up the kitchen, I asked Tony to please remove the old kitchen cabinet doors, while I went outside and built new cabinet doors. Here is how they turned out.


Saturday morning, I did the outside chores with Brandon, because Tony had to go to Kerrville, to pick up another bottle of Abbie's pills, because we did not have enough to last her through Sunday night and to also run several errands. 

After we had fed the dogs and cleaned their pens, I started building another storage cabinet, to replace the one that I had stolen from Outer Space. Brandon was dying to help me, so I nicknamed him, "The Human Clamp," because he would hold the boards tight, so they wouldn't shift, as I built the cabinet. 

The cabinet was built before Tony returned home, from running all of the errands and after all of us ate lunch, Tony attached the doors for me. And I love how it turned out.


This morning, I painted our front door, because I have never been pleased with the old, red color, because it had too much orange in it. And I used the same color that Carol had painted her front door and I love how it turned out.


I am getting exhausted just writing this, because for me, I have accomplished much and I am so thrilled with the final results. I still have to put a clear stain on the kitchen cabinets, drawers and drain board trim, which I plan to do tomorrow. That will be easy. Then in the next few days, I will put down new black & white vinyl tiles, at our front door and down the hallway that leads to our bedroom. Then I will repaint our two rugs, in the kitchen and the big room and my work will be totally done for a while.

Hopefully by then, our new bedspread will have arrived, which I can only use for special occasions, because Beau will eat it. Then I will be ready for fall to arrive. 

Argo, the movie I purchased has arrived, so tonight I plan to watch all of it, hopefully, without any interruptions. And that is about it (I know you're thinking, Thank Goodness!) for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: