Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Half Price!

Today has been great. This morning I overslept, but I had breakfast ready for Tony and Brandon when they walked inside The Cabin.

I spent most of the morning lowering my paperwork pile and returning phone calls and e-mails. I also talked back and fourth to Rivon, about two Border Collie mix pups, whose time at the pound had run out. She is bringing them to us tomorrow. Then I fixed lunch.

After lunch, I took a break. I went Online to J.C. Penney and purchased a new quilt, just like the one Beau ate and I got it for half price. Then I went to www.half.ebay.com/ and purchased a couple of my favorite movies that I have misplaced: On Golden Pond and Electric Horseman and one of them only cost me seventy-five cents. I also got a great deal on the movie, Argo, too.

Then I went down the hallway to tell Tony, "I just bought a new quilt just like the one Beau ate. It was on sale for half price. I probably should have bought two, just in case." Tony smiled, but he didn't look up from his computer, because he was busy deleting some of his older nature photos. Then I went back to doing paperwork, at the kitchen table, with Roy sleeping under it, with his head resting on my boots.

Late this afternoon, Carol came over. We sat in Outer Space and had a very fun visit. We laughed a lot and talked about new decorating ideas, rain, horses, dogs, etc. When I told her about the two, three-month-old Border Collie mixes, that had been on death row, coming in tomorrow, she told me that she could not wait to meet them.

After Carol and I had laughed about Beau eating a giant hole in the quilt, I said, "I don't know if I should use the new quilt. Maybe I will keep the old one on the bed and just put the new one on our bed, when company comes over." That made Carol laugh. The she suggested, "I would store the new quilt, for safety sake, and only use it when you have guests." So, I am going to take her advice. Problem solved. And that is about it for tonight.

Have a great evening!

No comments: