Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tadpole!

Today has been great. Last Friday, June, our super friend/volunteer, asked me if it would be okay for her to bring out ten really nice high school kids, attending a Unitarian Church camp, in Kerrville, so they could walk our dogs on Thursday.

Well, this morning around 10:45, the super nice kids arrived and they could not wait to walk our super nice dogs. After introductions I gave them a tour and introduced them to all of our dogs. Then they started walking the dogs and our dogs loved it as much as the group did. Here are a couple of pictures that I took of Lois being returned to her pen and Reba and Red taking a fun break.



During their lunch break, in The Okay Corral, we visited and talked about animal rescue. Then I told them about us rescuing Tadpole, a five to six-week-old puppy, a few weeks ago. "This poor, little puppy was sick when Tony took him to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic. Later that day the vet called us and he told us that the puppy was in bad shape. He had worms, ringworm and Parvo and the vet told us that he might not make it. They wanted to treat him and keep Tadpole for at least a month." The group of teens and young adults were all sad for Tadpole.

"Well, last night, when I came inside and checked the machine for new messages, I heard Kathy, whose husband is a vet, at Hoegemeyers, say, "Nancy, I have some great news! One of our sweet vet-techs has fallen in love with Tadpole and she wants to adopt him, even though she knows that Tadpole has to stay with us for a few more weeks. She asked me to call you to see if she can adopt him. Craig and I can vouch for her. We know that she would take great care of Tadpole. Call me. Bye." I wanted to call Kathy back right then, but the clinic was already closed for the day.

I was so happy about the good news, I immediately told Tony and then I called Kinky to tell him. Needless to say, "They were happy for Tadpole finding a forever home." Everyone was wearing big smiles on their faces—until it started raining real hard. 

We went inside my pink, writing cabin to stay dry and to visit. When the rain had finally stopped they came into The Cabin, so they could meet my four-legged-soul-mate, Roy Rogers, that I had told them about. 

Brandon, Tony and I were very impressed with these great high schoolers and high school graduates and we hope that they will come back next year, because our dogs loved them and so did we. 

P.S. Early this morning I called Susan at Hoegemeyers, to tell her that we would love for the vet-tech to adopt Tadpole. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: