Sunday, July 7, 2013

Is That You, Brandon?

Yesterday was a great day. Yesterday morning Brandon helped Tony do the outside chores, so I finish editing my hard copy proof. As I was winding it up the phone rang, so I let Carlton take the message, so I could concentrate on my editing.

Debbie, the owner of the Old Timer, in Medina, called. After hearing her message about a little stray puppy that had wandered up to the store, that it was not in good shape and her hoping that we could take the pup, I went outside to find Tony.

After I told him about the puppy we both agreed that we should rescue it and get it to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic. Tony only had Rocky left to feed, so I grabbed the feed bucket so I could feed him, so Tony could take off for Medina.

After feeding Rocky I returned to The Cabin. A few minutes later there was a knock on our front door—it was Lisa, our good friend/volunteer and her friend Carol, from Houston. I went outside to greet them, because I hadn't used Hazel yet to clean up the dog hair on the floor.

They told me about meeting Tony on the road and knowing about the puppy that needed our help. Then we went into Outer Space for a very fun visit.

Thirty minutes later, Tony rolled in with the puppy, so we exited the screened-in-porch, so we could meet the puppy. As Tony removed the five to six-week-old puppy from the crate, he said, "I've already named him Tadpole, because he has some Chihuahua in him."

After we admired the puppy and let him potty, Tadpole and Tony took off for Hoegemeyers. Then Lisa and Carol adios-ed me and took off to go back to Kerrville. And that is when I noticed two new, yellow and blue swimming pools by Rufus and Roxanne's pen. So I took off to go find Brandon.

"Where did those swimming pools come from?" I asked.

"Lisa brought them."

"Oh my goodness, I didn't know that she brought them. I need to send her an e-mail to thank her for them." Then I returned to the trailer aka The Cabin and then totally forgot about sending Lisa an e-mail.

Today has been great. After Tony and I had finished doing the chores outside, we got cleaned up and took off in Trigger, to eat lunch and to buy more swimming pools at the big H-E-B store.

When we walked inside the restaurant, the waitress asked us to follow her to a table and that's when I thought I saw Brandon sitting at a small table for two, but I wasn't sure because my eyesight is so bad. As we approached the man sitting at the table, I said, "Is that you, Brandon?"

Brandon started laughing. "Yes, ma'am. It's me." Then we all started laughing and then we asked Brandon to come sit with us. It ended up that Brandon had already ordered the Surf & Turf, that I had also ordered. Having lunch with Brandon was a total blast.

After we adios-ed each other, we headed to the big H-E-B to buy thirteen more pools, but there were no pools, so we came back home.

Then I called Dale, at the H-E-B store, to ask him if they could get 13 eleven dollar pools for our dogs and he was very nice. I will place the order and if they have not run out of them, I should have 13 pools delivered here by Friday..." And that is why I love H-E-B and that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: