Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sadie!

Today has been great. This morning I got up early so I could do Big G's popular radio show and so I could also bake a spinach and mushroom quiche for breakfast.

I had a fun time visiting with Big G and his Pet of the Week was Wilma Flintstone. Wilma is nearly two-years-old and she is a fabulous dog, except for being a chicken murderer. We adopted Wilma out when she was a young pup and several months later, Wilma was returned to us, because she ate the couple's chickens.

When the couple returned her to us they were crying, because they loved Wilma and chickens. The sweet woman told us that Wilma was a perfect dog in every way, but they could not keep her out of their chicken house. So, if you are wanting a great yellow Lab mix, that you will share your fast food fried chicken with—adopt Wilma.


This morning while Brandon, Tony and I ate breakfast, Brandon would not quit raving about how tasty my quiche was. And to prove it, here is a picture that I took of Belle, seriously begging T. to please give her some quiche.


This morning while Tony and Brandon did the morning chores outside, I walked four more miles with Leslie Sansone. When the guys came inside I bragged about walking twelve miles in the past three days and then I said, "I'm not going to walk tomorrow with Leslie, until my Nike+ Band arrives. I cannot wait to read the results..."

This afternoon, after the three of us ate lunch, Tony told me that he was going to take Brandon home, because there was nothing else to do outside. When they left, I decided to go take a short nap with our dogs and it turned out to be very short.

With all five of our dogs on the bed with me, I closed my eyes, and then I heard the front door open. "Nancy? It's Brandon." 

"I'll be right there, Brandon. If the dogs will let me get off of the bed." After climbing over and shoving my furry best friends, I came into the kitchen and asked Brandon what was going on.

"We just rescued a dog. Tony has her outside." I grabbed my camera and then we went outside to The Okay Corral.

"We found her going down the middle of the road, about a quarter of a mile before we got to 16," Tony said, as he filled a bucket with water. "She's real sweet and seems to be in pretty good shape. She's either lost or  someone must have dumped her..." I immediately named her Sadie and then I took this picture of her, before the three of us jumped into Buttermilk and took her to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, in Kerrville.

Sadie rode in the back seat with Brandon and she was very calm, like she was used to riding in cars. On the way there, we discussed putting her with Red Skelton, Rocky or George, if we can't locate her owners.

When we walked inside the clinic, we told Susan about Tony and Brandon rescuing her and then we asked her to wait a couple of days before spaying her and giving her shots, etc., because we hoped that we might be able to find her people. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: