Monday, July 15, 2013

Sean Rima, Willie Nelson and Gretchen Wilson!

Today has been great and so was yesterday evening. Last night around 6:00, I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and his good friend, Sean Rima, who has a very popular talk show, in San Antonio, from 4:00 - 7:00, at KSAT 550AM.

When I walked into Kinky's kitchen Sean greeted me and then said, "Kinky's on the phone right now and I have something I want to give to you, since you gave me a signed copy of your first novella ." Then he left the kitchen and returned with a book. "This is my first book of poems."


After thanking him for a signed copy of Snake Farm Blues, I turned it over and read the blurb that Kinky had written for Sean's book of poems. "If Charles Bukowski had been from Texas, his name would be Sean Rima. —Kinky Friedman."

I've already read half of Sean's poems and I love his poems. And I totally agree with what Kinky wrote. It is a great book and it is available on Amazon.

This afternoon, Brandon and Tony went to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to pick up one-year-old Willie Nelson and eight-months-old Gretchen Wilson, while I stayed home and did middle-of-the-month paperwork. 

When I had just finished doing my paperwork, Tony and Brandon walked inside The Cabin. "Those two dogs are great  and Gretchen is wearing a Victorian collar, to keep her away from her spaying stitches." Then I grabbed my camera and we went to go see them. Tony was right about them being great dogs and here are pictures of Willie Nelson and Gretchen Wilson.



Late this afternoon I went Online and purchased a really cool cookbook app, "A Sweet Life Without Sugar: Naturally Sugar-free and Gluten-free Artisan Recipes" by Joan Miller, because two different friends have recommended that I check it out. 

I love this cookbook's healthy recipes and looking at the beautiful pictures of the food nearly made me drool like my dog, Roy, does when he is watching us eat. And that is about it for tonight, because I am fixing to go bake the cookbook's Upside Down Fruit Cobbler, because of the picture.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: