Monday, July 30, 2012

That Old Fossil! or History Deal!

Today has been great, even though the F.M.T. (Full Moon Time) is just three days away and M.I.R. (Mercury In Retrograde) is upon us until August 8th.

I really am enjoying my tiny, pink Nano. The first thing I did, when I got out of bed this morning, was clip it on, turn it on and walk to the kitchen, to drink a cup of coffee.

By the time I had finished doing my morning chores outside, I had already walked over 4,000 steps, with only 6,000 more steps to go, to reach my daily goal of 10,000 steps-a-day.

While we were running errands, in Kerrville, this afternoon, we stopped by Wolfmueller's Books, so I could show Sandy and Jon my early birthday present, that Tone gave to me. "I love my iPod Nano," I said, as I showed it to them and they thought it was pretty cool, too.

"Maybe, I should get one," Jon said, "so I can find out how much walking I do, inside our bookstore..."

Our last stop was at H-E-B, to stock up on some groceries. When I climbed out of Buttermilk, I checked my Nike+ and wrote down how many steps I had walked, on my grocery list. "Tony, so far I've walked 5,339 steps and I can't wait to see how many I walk inside H-E-B."

When we finally returned to Buttermilk, with our bags full of groceries, I helped Tony load them up and then I checked how many steps I'd walked. "T., you're not going to believe this! The Nike+ counter is now up to 6,591 steps!" When we jumped into Buttermilk, I grabbed my pen and quickly did the math on my progress.

"How many steps did we walk inside H-E-B. today?" Tony asked, a little sarcastically, as he started up Buttermilk, because he hates to go shopping.

"1,252!" I declared, happily, as I accidentally turned off my Nano. "Dang it."

"What's wrong?" He asked, as I turned my Nano back on, as we dodged an elderly, gray-haired woman, who I thought looked about the same age as me, trying unsuccessfully to back her fancy car out from her parking space. "That old fossil shouldn't be driving..."

"She can't help it, Tony," I said, in hers and my defense, because I can't back up either. "Great, my walking stats for today have been deleted and the counter has reset itself to start at 000 steps walked. But, the good thing is, my steps today have been automatically recorded by this thing and are being stored in the 'History' deal. It's all M.I.R.'s fault and..."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: