Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Boomer Rules Big Time!

Today has been a great day. Early this morning, when I checked my e-mail, I had one from Amazon, telling me that my dear friend Dennis Lanning had sent me a gift, so I clicked the button to follow the link and I loved what I saw—it was a Kindle edition book about Boomer, a lovely dog, that Dennis had adopted from us many years ago!


After reading Dennis's sweet note to me and downloading his gifted book, MUTTweiler: An AutoDOGoraphy by Boomer, (Author) Marilyn Anderson and (Translator) Dennis L. Lanning, I was so thrilled that they had published it and I started reading it immediately, on my pink Kindle.

When Tony returned home, from the Old Timer, in Medina, I hadn't even started making breakfast, but after I had told him the reason why and, "Tony, we're in the book, too and they are giving a portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book to our rescue ranch," Tony started reading it as I prepared our healthy smoothies and his scrambled eggs with avocado. And he never quit reading MUTTweiler: An AutoDOGoraphy, as he ate and drank his delicious, healthy breakfast.

This is a review of Boomer's, Marilyn & Dennis' book, that I copied:

"MUTTWeiler, An AutoDOGography is a warm and witty “memoir” written by a lucky and lovable dog, who reveals his life story from Texas hill-country mutt to living large in the city of Los Angeles.


Falsely blamed for a canine crime he didn’t commit, puppy Boomer is taken to the pound and sentenced to the BIG SLEEP. Minutes before his final walk, he is rescued and taken to Kinky Friedman’s Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch.


Choosing the right human to own is no easy task, but when mountain-biker Dennis shows up, it’s a match made in doggie heaven. Boomer hops into Dennis’s SUV and they ride off to begin their journey. Together they travel to fabulous places – from New Orleans to New York, from Canada to Mexico, from Moab to Mount Ruffmore.


Finally, arriving in Colliefornia, Boomer meets the kinds of pampered pooches he’s never seen before. He ultimately gets hooked on “Hollywoof,” and dreams of becoming a star. But when he visits an acting school, he learns their classes cost a whopping $12,000, so he has to make some big bucks fast! With its feel-good style and comical photos, MUTTweiler is sure to please readers and pet lovers of all ages." And I totally agree. "Thank you, Boomer, Marilyn and Dennis. I love your book!"


I hope that y'all will check out this fun to read book,  and buy it. It only costs $2.99 and I promise that it will make you laugh till your back aches and it will also help our rescue ranch—win-win situation for all.


We are fixin' to have a thunderstorm, so I need to go unplug everything. 


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: