Monday, July 16, 2012

On Board!

Today has been a great day, which is sort of weird, because we're in MRT (Mercury Retrograde Time) where anything can go wrong or weird things just happen and they don't make a lot of sense.

Even though Mercury officially went retrograde this past Saturday, I've noticed some weirdness inside The Cabin and also outside. For instance, the television in the big room turning itself off or changing stations while I'm watching it and my iPod suddenly playing songs that are not in my favorite playlist. And our printer, which is always very sensitive when it is MRT suddenly start shooting out ten or twenty blank sheets of paper, when I enter my office, etc.

The weirdness going on outside happened Friday morning, when Tony went outside, before sunrise and our dogs are terrified, listening to their piped in music, which we always turn off after we finish our morning chores, with some preacher ranting and raving, on some religious station, from an AM station, because we never listen to AM. And, then yesterday morning when I jumped into Kermit to take off, who we had just gotten back from the repair shop, last week and who has been running great—dead, again, in its tracks.

This morning, as Tony and I were finishing up our daily chores, his sweet, older brother Sam, arrived, pulling his long flatbed trailer, so he could haul Kermit back to the repair shop for us. After a fun visit with Sam, the three of us slowly pushed Kermit, to align him up to the trailer ramps, so we could load him up.

Then Sam and Tone attached a big, heavy chain to Kermit's front bumper and then the end of that chain to a hand-cranking come-along, hooked on to the trailer. Because Tony's back has been out, we decided that Tony would do the cranking and Sam and I would get on both sides of Kermit and do the pushing.

Inch by inch Kermit slowly began going up the steep ramp, as Tony cranked and we pushed Kermit and then midway up, we had to stop to shorten the chain, so Sam and I stole two heavy rocks, in front of Daisy's & Gonzo's pen and then we carefully placed them behind Kermit's rear wheels, which were still on the ground.

After they had adjusted the heavy chain and we had rested, Sam and I took our places, on Kermit's sides and he and I pushed for almost two minutes, with all that we had in us, as Tony slowly reeled him on board. Then Sam and Tone carefully tied Kermit down to Sam's trailer and then Sam and Kermit took off.

We went to Kerrville late this afternoon, because we needed to go to the Post Office, get groceries at H-E-B and go to the Home Depot to buy a faux, 2" wooden blinds to replace the old, cheap, vinyl blinds that were sadly still hanging, in my office, so I could finally complete my feng shui efforts in there.

When we got home, T, installed my new blinds, after we had put up our groceries and then I spent the rest of the day returning phone calls, e-mails and doing some paperwork. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: