Saturday, March 3, 2012

Unveiling Party!

Today has been a total blast. This morning after T. and me did our morning chores outside, we grabbed my old saddle out of the barn and took it into Outer Space, so I could start cleaning it up, because it has not been used for years.

After Tony had read the instructions on how to use Horseman's One Step cleaning and conditioning he told me to go get some rags, so he could help me clean it up, which I thought was very nice of him to do. And thirty minutes later, after we had cleaned and conditioned the old leather—my saddle looked a whole lot better. "The directions recommend cleaning old leather saddles several times, so tomorrow we will clean it again," Tony said. "We had better go clean up, so we can go to Kinky's Man In Black Tequila unveiling party."

When we arrived at The Main Liquor Store, in Kerrville, around 1:45—the parking lot was filled with cars and trucks and people were standing in line outside, waiting to get inside to buy Kinky's tequilas and get him to autograph their bottles and get their pictures taken with him.

Before we went inside to find Kinky we saw our friends Harley Belew of KRVL Classic Rock 94.3 REVFM and Big G (Gordon Ames) of Big G's Texas Roadshow on The Real Deal 93.5 and KOOK 1230 KERV doing a remote, so on our way over to say "howdy" to them we saw our dear friend Gerry Olert, the best videographer in Texas. Guess which one is Big G.


After  howdies, hugs and handshakes with Gerry, Harley and Big G, they surprised me, "Okay, Nancy, you'll be the first to do our Kinky Man In Black Tequila remote with us. Put these on." I started laughing, as I put on a huge set of headphones with a mic, that looked like something I would have worn when I listened to my music back in the 70's. Then Gerry grabbed his video camera and started filming Big G and me talking on air, in the parking lot, about our rescue ranch. So, T. stood behind Gerry and shot all of us.


After we had a fun visit with our friends, Tony shot me next to a gigantic Man In Black tequila poster. Then we went inside the crowded liquor store.


The unveiling party of the tequila, which was the first one ever, was so much fun. Everyone was laughing and having a great time inside and the two musicians playing, blew me away with their talent. While our friend Gerry walked around videotaping the extravaganza, we had a blast running into old friends and people who have adopted dogs from us and visiting with them. All in all, it was like a family reunion for us. Here are some pictures that T. took. The first one is with Max Swafford (in the middle) visiting with his famous musician friends, bass player Greg Forest and lead guitarist and singer Ronnie Leatherman.


Here is Kinky with his Kerrville Folk Festival friends, Rod Kennedy and Dalis Allen.



Here is Gerry Olert posing with Kinky


And here is Copper Love, Dylan Ferrero and me visiting.


Before 3:00, there was good news and bad news. The good news was they sold completely out of Kinky's tequilas and the bad news was they sold completely out of Kinky's tequilas, because the liquor store was still full of people wanting to buy an autographed bottle(s) of Man In Black tequila, but everyone seemed fine with it and they signed up and prepaid for a bottle. And that is when Tony and I said goodbye to our friends, because we needed to get back to the rescue ranch.

As Kinky walked with us outside to say goodbye to us, we had a wonderful surprise waiting for us when we walked up to Buttermilk—our dear friends that we haven't seen for several years, Dianne and Len, from Round Rock, Texas, walked up to greet us. After howdies, hugs and handshakes we had a fun time catching up with each others news and because they made me laugh so much, my back is still aching a little. T. took this picture of us laughing.


On our way home Tony and I talked and laughed about how much fun we had at the unveiling party. I wish that all of y'all could have been there.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: