Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Solar Flares! or "Have-a Tequila!"

The reason that I didn't blog last night was because I couldn't quit reading the book, The King Ranch Quarter Horses, even though I only read about the history of the King Ranch and not their famous Quarter Horses.

Today has been a total blast. After doing our morning chores outside, we called Carol to invite her to have lunch with us, in Kerrville and to run a few errands with us. And we laughed so much, my back is still aching and that is why I am sitting on Mari's pretty, pink sheepskin, as I type this.

While watching the nightly news, early this evening, I became a little worried when I found out about the two giant solar flares headed towards our planet, because the duo-huge-flares can possibly affect our power grids and GPS systems, for the next couple of days. And to make it even worse, tomorrow is the full moon and four days later, on the 12th—Mercury goes retrograde. So, not to worry about the solar flares, full moon and Mercury, I called Ronnie to visit with him, because he always cheers me up.

During our fun telephone visit, we started talking about Maya, of course, and he made me laugh when he said, "I think you should call her, Maya Trigger."

"Maya Trigger?"

"Yes, Nance. Just about everything you own is either named Trigger, Roy, Buttermilk, Dale, etc. You can say, "Where's My-a Trigger?" A few minutes later, before adios-ing each other, I told him I liked his idea and that I was going to start calling her, My-a Trigger.

Tonight, before I start reading my book again, about the awesome King Ranch Horses, I just received an e-mail news flash from our dear friend and awesome videographer, Gerry Olert, to tell me that the video he made for the unveiling of Kinky's first signing party, for his Man In Black Tequila, at the Main Street Liquor Store, last Saturday, is now up on YouTube and it is so fantastic, even though I am briefly in it, talking to Big G on the air! Please check it out, because it is fun to watch and the music is great, especially the, "Have-a Tequila" song performed by Greg Forest and Ronnie Leatherman. "Congrats Gerry, on a job well done. I love it and I can't wait to show it to Kinky, in the morning. I know that he will love it, too."

And FYI: Dale Evans got adopted yesterday to a very nice couple, who adopted B.J. from us eight years ago, so please keep your fingers crossed that it will stick.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: