Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Price Tags!

Today has been great. After we ate lunch we jumped into Buttermilk to run several errands, in Kerrville. Our first stop was to go see Sandy and Jon, at their bookstore, because they had a book to give to me, that Karin and Air Gun, our dear German friends, wanted me to have.

During our fun visit with the Wolfmuellers, they gave me Karin and Air Gun's book, Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls and they told me that it was a beautiful book and that I would enjoy reading it. And I can't wait to read it. Thank you, Karin and Air Gun! Y'all are too sweet!


When I showed Jon and Sandy my poster that I had made of Maya, that Carol painted—they loved it and they told me that they thought Carol was a very talented artist, which of course she is. Then Joe Herring, Jr., our mutual friend, author and the owner of Herring Printing, Kerrville's favorite print shop, walked into the bookstore and greeted us and then things got real interesting, because Sandy had found an old (1915) book, in the bookstore's basement that she wanted Joe to see.

The small, rare book was titled My Automobile and it was a detailed diary, with small black & white pictures documenting each trip that this woman, from Kerrville, had taken in her car. There were great pictures of her and her friends and her car and it was fascinating to look at and some of her captions were hilarious: "This trip was rotten," because her gas tank got clogged up and "Here we are at Camp Laugh A Lot." 

While Joe and Sandy read us some funny, bits and pieces from the woman's automobile diary, I took off to find the book Home; Photographs of Kerrville that Joe had written about Kerrville, from the turn of the last century forward, because I wanted to buy a copy for Tony and me to have and to also get Joe to sign it, because it is a beautiful book, filled with over 200 historic photographs of Kerrville and Kerr County, Texas. And I cannot wait to read it too, because I love reading local history!


Our next stop was at Billy's Western Wear store, so Tony could pick up the cowboy boots that he had ordered. And after he had tried them on to make sure they were a perfect fit I suggested, "Why don't you wear them out of the store, so you can start breaking them in..." And he did.

When we arrived at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic to pick up some medicine for one of our dogs, T. took off to go visit with Dr. Craig Janssen, while I stayed in the lobby and had a hilarious conversation with his sweet wife, Kathy. 

A few minutes later, when Tone returned to the lobby I said, "Goodbye to Kathy," and started to walk out the door, but Tony sat down on their bench, so I turned around to see why and I started laughing, because he had his Wranglers pulled up high, above his new boots and was cutting off the price tags, using his knife. "We stole them," I joked to Kathy, before walking out the door.

Our next stop was at the craft store, so I could purchase a picture frame for my poster of Maya and our last stop was at H-E-B to get groceries and then we came home.

After we had put up all of our groceries Tony helped me frame the poster and hang it on the wall, in the big room and I am thrilled about it, because it such a beautiful picture of Carol's painting and it will make me smile every time that I look at it.


And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: