Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Two Pieces Of Popcorn!

Today has been a great day and so was yesterday. Yesterday, after lunch, I went outside to the corral and helped Aaron and Tony remove brush from it and burn it and I am proud to say that I only tripped and fell once.

Around 6:30 last night, right before I was fixin' to sit down and write about my day, we had one fast moving thunderstorm sweep through, with popcorn sized hail, so we had to unplug everything, including our computers.

One hour later, after we had plugged everything back into their wall sockets, I started to write a short blog, but I only had two sentences typed when all hail broke loose and that monster thunderstorm came with more lightning and hail about the size of two pieces of popcorn. So I gave up and went to bed early, only to discover this morning, that we got a little over four inches (four pieces of popcorn lined up side-by-side) of much needed rain.

This morning, after doing some more paperwork, I went over to the Lodge for a fun visit with Kinky and then I came home and made lunch for Tony, Aaron and me. Then we went out to the soon-to-be real horse corral, near the entrance gate and removed more brush and burned it, so as you can guess—I'm pretty tired and my back hates me, again.

Early this evening, Kinky, The Friedmans and I went on a short hike and I really enjoyed it, because I wasn't dragging a giant, dead limb to put into the fire pit. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: