Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jimmie Dunn Done It Again!

Yesterday after I had posted on my blog things got a little interesting. As I was cleaning up the kitchen Tony walks up to me and says, "Happy Anniversary, Nance! We did it again." Then he hugged me and we started laughing, because for two years-in-a-row we have forgotten our wedding anniversary. "I'm sorry I forgot."

"Me, too and I'm blaming it on Mercury fixin' to come in retrograde on Monday and for being sixty-years-old. At least you finally remembered it."

"No, I didn't," Tony confessed. "I was just on Facebook and Jimmie Dunn just wished us a happy anniversary."

"Thank goodness for our dear friends, Jimmie and his sweet wife Nelda, for reminding us for the past two years about our wedding anniversary or we would have completely forgotten about them. Please thank Jimmie and Nelda for me, for helping us remember our anniversary. I wonder why we always seem to forget our wedding anniversary?" And that's when T. started laughing and went back to his office.

One hour later, after playing a few games of Scrabble on my laptop, I got up to stretch my legs and that is when I noticed Roy sleeping soundly in my chair, which Belle had claimed as hers, once she learned how to jump up on things, after six months of her helping me lift her up on things.

Anyway, Roy Rogers looked so content sleeping in his chair, that he stole away from Belle, a few weeks ago, I grabbed my camera and shot him twice.



When Roy went back to sleeping, I ran around The Cabin resetting all of our clocks and by the time it was dark outside all of our clocks were ready for the 2:00 AM time change, even though I knew I wasn't. 

After I had put our dogs outside, to take care of business, I started watching another hilarious Frazier rerun and halfway through it, I paused it, so I could let our dogs come back inside. As I held the door wide open for Abbie, Mama, Belle, Roy and Toto to come back inside The Cabin—a Bat flew inside, which of course caused me to immediately scream, "Tony! A Bat just flew inside here. I bet it has rabies..."

When T. saw the Bat flying around the big room he turned off the ceiling fan, as the dogs and I watched the frightened Bat circling above us. After a couple of minutes the Bat finally settled on the wall, right next to one of my straw cowboy hats, above the bench. "Tony, please don't hurt it."

"I won't." Then Tone grabbed a red dish towel and slowly approached it.

"Be careful," I warned, as he gently reached up with the dish towel and covered the little, black Bat and then carry it outside to set it free. 

Seconds later, when T. came back inside The Cabin he told me, "The Bat is fine. He flew away into the darkness." Then we tried to figure out why it had flown inside The Cabin, with all of our lights on. And we still haven't figured it out, yet.

Today has been a great day, even though I over slept, big time this morning, thanks to the time change. After doing our morning outside chores, I went to check on Maya and her new found friends and they are doing great together and that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

'Erb said...

With all those native scorpions, stickers,snakes and centipedes---do you really blame the poor bat for trying to find cover? Now let's see...did that Orvis catalog have any beekeeper helmets?

Happy Anniversary to you both.

---'Erb