Friday, September 2, 2011

Voices!

Today has been great. This morning when the Fab 4, June, Ellen, Eileen and Lisa, arrived to walk our dogs, my day brightened, because these fabulous women are four of the funniest people that I know. A few seconds after they arrived they had Tony and me laughing.

After they had walked our dogs and Ellen had trimmed Maggie's nails for us, we had a fun visit with them, under a shade tree by Rufus and Roxanne's pen. During our visit Eileen told us that her sister Dean is coming to see her on Thursday and she is going to bring Dean out here next Friday, because all of us can't wait to meet her.

When we asked Eileen to tell us a little more about her sister, because all we knew was that Dean had gotten married high up in the sky, in a hot air balloon. "Y'all are going to love her," Eileen said. "I have an hilarious story to tell about Dean, involving a pony, a monkey and her ex-husband, but I am not going to tell it, because she tells it so much better."

I never quit laughing for twenty minutes, listening to their hilarious tales and when it was time for them to head to Medina to eat lunch at the Highway 16 Cafe, they invited us to join them and we did after I went up to the trailer and loaned June the hilarious horror movie, "The Being," starring Kent, Ruthie and Kinky.

Before Tone and I sat down at their table I pulled out my little Sony digital recorder and placed it on our table, "I'm going to record lunch with y'all, to help me remember who said what," I said, as they started laughing.

During lunch, because we were sitting at the only table in the cafe, that constantly roared with laughter, Tony's brother Sam, who was sitting at the table, right next to us, with his family and friends, jokingly half-hollered, "Nancy, please cheer up," because I was laughing so hard and that made everyone laugh even louder.

And after lunch, as I stood in line, waiting to pay for T.'s and my lunch I started hearing voices talking nearby, to the left of me, but no one was left of me—the booths and tables were empty. As I tried to hear what the voices were saying, I asked the Fab 4, "Can y'all hear those voices coming from over there, but no one is over there?  It sounds kind of like a radio or something and..." Then they heard the voices, too and that's when we suddenly realized the voices were our voices, coming from inside my purse, that was hanging off my left shoulder—my little digital recorded some how had turned itself on and was playing back our hilarious lunch conversation and we started laughing and they teased me all of the way to Trigger.

When we got home I went over to visit with Kinky. "Nance, I've got the dates for two upcoming Bonefits for the rescue ranch at Sean's place, called "The Springs" Music Hall, in Salado, Texas. The first one will be "A Night With B. J. Thomas," with me being the host on Saturday, November 26th and the second one will be "Kinky & Friends," on December 17th..." And to say the least—Tony and I are thrilled about it. So please note, as the dates, for the benefits grow closer, I will have more information about the Bonefits and the price of the tickets on our web site: utopiarescue.com and on my blog.

I also want to let everyone know that our good friend, Kimberley Galusha has contacted me to let us know that Joe King Carrasco will be performing tomorrow night in Marfa, Texas at the "Marfa Lights Festival" at 8:00 to benefit our Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch! Thank you, Joe King Carrasco—We love You and Kimberley and we wish that we could be there to enjoy his fabulous music!

My last good news is Marguerite called me early this evening to tell me that Enzo is doing fine, so far and he was sleeping by her feet, as we chatted. She said that he had met her cats, dogs and parrot and they liked him and he liked them and was loving the book, The Art of Racing In Rain and has read about a third of it! And here is a picture that Marguerite sent to me tonight of Enzo sleeping on the cool tile floor. 

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us and keep your fingers crossed that Enzo has hopefully finally found his loving forever home!

5 comments:

Susie said...

nancy, how come Alfie is listed as the dog of the week? I thought she had already been adopted and flown to NY?

cousin nancy said...

Hi Susie. I forgot to ask Pat to remove her. I am blaming it on old age and we were in Mercury in retrograde.

Susie said...

aww I see :_)

Fay said...

Awwww! I just love that pic of Enzo, that adoption is going to stick for sure <3 We are locking the doors at night and putting sunglasses on Wee Lassie only because we feel like someone is going to show up at our door one day and say we have to give her back. LOL! She is the best girl EVER and we have to pinch ourselves every day that she's ours. She's so sweet and beautiful and loving... WOW.
Thanks to Nancy & Tony & Kinky for letting us bring her all the way to Canada. Kris loves her to bits and we can't wait to video her when she sees her first snow fall. She definitely needs a coat, can't wait to shop for my girl ; ))
Enjoy your long weekend!
Fay, Kris & Wee Lassie & Family xoxo

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Keep locking your doors, because of the times we live in today, but do not worry for one second that we would ever want her back, because we know she is one very lucky dog to live in your fabulous forever home.