Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jim Keaveny's CD Rocks! or Who Needs A Dog To Herd Cows!

Today has been great. Around noon today, Alecia, the nice woman that we met back in July from Hallotsville, came out with her sister-in-law Robin to adopt Laz and we are so thrilled about it, because Laz has been with us for three long years and now he is living in high cotton! Here is picture that I took of Alecia and Laz getting to know one another and I wish that I had taken it with my flash on, because you can barely see Laz laying down beside Tony.

Later, when Kinky called me from an airport I told him the good news about Laz and he was as thrilled as we were for him, because we love it when an old time resident gets adopted.

This afternoon I took a break from my paperwork and plugged in my guitar and put on Jim Keaveny's CD "Music Man" to see if I could figure out the chords to his songs and play along with him and I had a blast picking my guitar with him and not to brag (really to brag) Tony came out of his office and told me that I sounded awesome and to not stop playing, which made me want to play even more. So, after spending over two hours playing the songs with Jim Keaveny's CD—my fingers are killing me, so tonight's post will be short.

Late this afternoon, my dear friend Mari, of The NoMads, sent me an hilarious, Who Needs A Dog To Herd Cows, video to watch and Tony and I are still laughing about it, so if you want to laugh—click here. I promise that it will make you laugh.

Early this evening, because Laz was adopted today, we rescued a dog that was dumped off in Medina at 5:22, because that is precisely when it started raining, hailing, thundering and lightning outside.

It is now 7:00 and it has not quit raining, thundering and lightning, thank goodness and we have now received over 2 inches of much needed rain since Sunday. Sunday we received a half inch of precious rain and as I finish typing this we have gotten over an inch and a half! Yeah!

Because of the electrical storms I am ending tonight's post, because we need to unplug our computers and wifi, etc.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us, because it is working! And once again, Happy Birthday Rick, "The Friendly Lighthouse Keeper in Port Aransas!"

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Nancy, it's after 9:30 pm, and still lightly raining, thundering and lightening! Could this be the break??? We haven't had this happen since last year! I see you've been getting it too. Yippee! See ya'll Friday, if it's not raining!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Eileen! We got over one and a half inches of rain! Last night I went into Outer Space and danced with Mama to celebrate the rain. I hope that we get to see you tomorrow and I hope we get some more rain.