Monday, July 25, 2011

You're Really Bugging Me Now! or OMG, Tony!

Today has been great. Late this afternoon at 4:00, over the phone, we rescued a two year old male Yorkie, from a veterinary clinic in Kerrville, because they have been boarding the little fella for several months, because his owner had brain surgery months ago and there were complications and the woman is no longer capable of taking care of him.

After I told the nice veterinarian that we could take him and we would pick him up at her clinic on Wednesday, after she has neutered him, we went over to Kinky's Lodge to meet his friend Clint Morgan, so we could thank him for generously donating a new/used 2007 Ford F-150, last January to replace our old, dying Trigger.

When we arrived at the Lodge, in Trigger, Rosie, the great cook for Echo Hill Camp, was standing in the yard. "Hi, Rosie!" I said. "We just rescued a little Yorkshire Terrier. Would you like to adopt him?"

"Yes, I love Yorkies and I need a dog. Can I go see him?"

"Not yet, because he is getting neutered tomorrow, but you can adopt him on Wednesday when..." After Rosie had told us how excited she was to adopt the little dog the three of us went into the Lodge and we found Kinky and Clint sitting in the rockers outside. "Kinky, we just rescued a little Yorkie and Rosie is going to adopt her! Is'nt that great news." Kinky was thrilled about it and then he introduced us to his friend Clint, from Washington.

"Clint, we cannot thank you enough for buying us that truck. We love it so much and his name is Trigger," I said. "We were breaking down on the road so much and having to call our friends to come rescue us so many times—it was almost like a really bad joke. In fact, it got so bad that we would have to call our friends in Kerrville before we even took off for Kerrville, just to make sure that they would be available to rescue us if we needed it..."

Our visit was so much fun. When we went back inside the Lodge, because it was so hot outside, we talked about politics, photography, religion, Churchill and when we started talking about our rescue ranch and dogs Kinky suggested that Clint read our favorite book, The Art Of Racing In The Rain and Clint promised that he would get a copy and read it.

Then we started talking about music and I found out that Clint plays the piano and he has a band that has recently released a new CD titled, "You're Really Bugging Me Now," by Clint Morgan & The Lost Cause that plays American Music: blues, boogie, country, gospel and rock 'n roll and when I told him that I would check it out Kinky loaned me Clint's new CD and then I told Clint all about our L—BeNT & Husky Bound band. A little while later after Kinky had cracked us up with his funny new joke, T. and I came home so they could go on a walk with The Friedmans.

As soon as Tone and I got home I added Clint's CD to my iTunes library and then I synced it to my iPod and then I started listening to it while T. was outside working in his organic garden. And I loved listening to the CD so much, because the music is so upbeat and it made me smile and want to dance.

When Tony came back inside the trailer he asked me who I was listening to and what I thought of Clint's CD. "OMG, Tony! It is so totally awesome. You're going to love it. You're listening to "Morgan's Boogie" right now. That's Morgan playing on the piano. I can't believe how good this CD is! Clint wrote all of the music, too and the guitarist is fantastic and the..."


With that said, T. picked up Kinky's loaned copy of Clint Morgan's CD, from the kitchen table and then he went straight back to his office and added it to his iTunes library. As I finish writing this for tonight I am still listening to Clint Morgan & The Lost Cause: You're Really Bugging Me Now and I plan to play it until bedtime, because I can't get enough of it. I really love this CD and I hope that y'all will check it out, because I promise that you will love the music as much as me and Tony do.

Earlier this evening while I was writing this at our kitchen table I looked up and then I grabbed my camera and shot this picture of the bluff behind our back yard.


Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us!

No comments: