Tuesday, July 5, 2011

BeNT! or Outnumber!

Tony and I had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend. Saturday afternoon as Ben was leaving for the day, our good friends Garnet and Sandy, from Utopia, arrived with their grandson and his girlfriend for a fun visit. While Tone gave the young couple (Sorry, Garnet. I forgot their names.) a tour of our rescue ranch, I really enjoyed catching up with them and laughing with Garnet and Sandy in Outer Space, but because it was so hot outside and also because they wanted to go to the Apple Orchard, in Medina before it closed, to eat—they didn't stay as long as we had wanted them too, but it was great seeing them.

After they drove away we came inside the trailer to cool off and that's when the dogs outside started barking, so Tony went out to check on them and then a few minutes later, there was a knock on our door and it was Garnet. "Can I get some water for Chiquita?"

"Sure Garnet. Help yourself." As she filled up her precious little Chihuahua's water bowl she told me about Martha Stewart jumping over the fence when they drove past her pen and that Tony had already caught her and had her back inside her pen, with her adorable pups George Clooney and Candace Bergen. Then she thanked me and left again.

Twenty minutes later T. came inside, "I fixed the top of the fence where Martha jumped out. How about giving me a mandolin lesson?" Five minutes later, I was sitting on a stool, strumming the G and C chords, back and fourth, on my guitar, so Tony could get used to changing chords on the mandolin and it was fun. In fact, it was so much fun—we played for forty-five minutes, but it wasn't as much fun as we had later on that evening with Carol and Maggie, her cool horse-loving friend, visiting her from Canada, before they took off for a cutting horse clinic.

I didn't blog on Sunday, because it was a quiet day and there just wasn't anything to tell except that Kinky called and he was in great spirits and would be back to the ranch on Sunday.

Tone and I had a blast on the Fourth, because we went to our good friend Matt's outdoor party, at his apartment complex and it was so much fun. Matt's sweet parents Gail and Paul were there to help Matt cook the burgers, etc. and Tony and I love them so much, because when we get together it is always non-stop fun and we also really enjoyed meeting Matt's nice friends Richard and Lynn.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to stay as long as we had wanted to because we needed to get back to the rescue ranch, but I am so glad that we went because it made our day great. Thank you, Matt, Gail and Paul.

Last night I watched the movie, "Secretariat" and I absolutely loved it. Even though I knew Secretariat had won the Triple Crown, because I had actually watched him win those races with my dad, I didn't know the whole story about the family and their struggles. If you have not seen "Secretariat" I highly recommend the movie and I promise that you will love it.

Today I spent my morning doing paperwork and getting an airline reservation for Kia, who will be flying the friendly skies to Fay's fantastic, forever home in Toronto, on Thursday. And we are so excited that Fay and her lovely family, including Kris Kristofferson, are getting to adopt her, because Kia deserves the best and that's exactly what she will be getting.

This afternoon Tony and I played some more music in G and C, until our fingers hurt and I am thrilled to report that he is a fast-learner and hopefully he will soon be ready to learn the D and F chords, so we can start playing more songs like, "On Top Of Old Smokey" or "Michael Row The Boat Ashore " or "My Rifle, My Pony And Me."

I have also come up with a name for Ben's, Tony's and my new band, but I haven't told Ben about it yet, but since Tone really likes it and he and I outnumber Ben the name of our band is "BeNT!" I used our first initials to come up with it and I really hope that Ben likes it.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: