Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm Pooped!

Today has been great, but I'm pooped, because it has been one busy day for us. This morning I got up early so I could get my morning chores done. Then I called Continental Airlines to change Kia's flight reservation to Canada, because the first one I made was so early in the morning, Charlie and Ellen would have had to get up at 3:00am to get her to the San Antone airport by 5:00am. And, it only took me ten minutes to get her on the next earliest flight departing at 9:45 tomorrow morning.

Then Tony called Ellen to tell her about the new reservation I made for Kia, as I sent Fay and Charlie & Ellen e-mails with the new flight info. Then Tony and I jumped into Buttermilk with Kia and took off for Medina to get her required health certificate. While she was at the vet's office being examined, we decided to walk across the street and eat a quick breakfast at the "Highway 16 Cafe" and it was delicious and by the time we were done—so was Kia.

When we got back to the rescue ranch my friend Ronnie of "Head To Toe Spa," in Kerrville, the man who gave me that private outdoor massage out here that the whole world saw, compliments of Kinky's sister Marcie, had left a message on Carlton about coming out with his family to hopefully adopt a small dog from us. So I immediately called him, because we currently have no small dogs, but I got his machine instead and left him a brief message. Then I went outside to clean the pens for Tony, because he was running late on his morning chores, because of our earlier trip to town.

Thirty minutes later, as I was walking out of Harley's and Daisy's cleaned pen the dogs started barking to let us know that Ronnie was slowly driving in. When Ronnie drove up, I was heading to Mr. Roger's and Miss Dee's pen to clean, but I didn't quite make it, because I tripped on a rock and immediately fell face down to the ground—sort of.

Because I was carrying a heavy bucket, half-full of morning poop in one hand and the scooper and rake in the other hand I some how hit the bucket before the ground and found myself suddenly covered in poop, which believe me was not a pretty sight, but actually it was pretty darn funny.

As Ronnie parked his mini-van nearby and got out of it, I grabbed a nearby hose and began quickly washing todays dog's gifts, off of my hands and arms and then I started laughing at myself. "Hi, Ronnie! It is good to see you." Ronnie stuck his right hand out for me to shake and I pulled back and said, "I don't think you want to be shaking hands with me today after what all just happened." We started laughing.

"I saw you fall. Are you okay?"

"I think I might have sprained my wrist a little and my rib hurts a little too, but it's not that bad. I'm fine for someone who just got pooped. I guess you could say, "I'm Pooped." After telling Ronnie about calling him back and having no small dogs right now, he introduced me to his family and then they drove away to check out another animal shelter.

Then T. walked up and saw the broken poop bucket and poop scattered on the ground and he asked me what happened to the bucket, so I lied, "I was fixin' to go clean Mr. Rogers' and Miss' D's pen when the poop bucket just exploded! I couldn't believe it and I can't believe that you didn't hear it. Poop was flying everywhere." Then I started laughing and told him the ugly truth.

Early this afternoon, after taking another shower and putting on cleaned clothes, we jumped into Buttermilk and took Martha Stewart's pups George Clooney and Candace Bergen to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic to get them spayed and neutered and given all of their adult shots.

After we dropped off Candace and George we went to Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn restaurant, down the road, to eat lunch and as always it was delicious and fun, because the waitresses are so cool and always upbeat. Then we went to Wolfmueller's Books to see Sandy and Jon and we had a fun, but short visit with them, because they were so busy helping their customers.

Our last stop was at Pet Supplies Plus to buy an absorbent pad and two bowls that can be attached to Kia's crate gate, because Continental requires it—then Buttermilk brought us home.

When we got home I pushed Carlton's button, because we had one new message and it was from Ellen, "Hi, Tony and Nancy. We got your e-mail about Kia's new plane reservation, so we will see y'all in the morning a little before 6:00. Bye."

Around 7:00 this evening T. and I went outside and I cleaned Kia's crate as Tony attached the feed and water bowls to its gate. Then we put the new absorbent pad inside it with all of the required paperwork and a pretty bandana for Kia to wear tomorrow during her flight, so everything will be ready-to-go when Ellen and Charlie arrive to pick up Kia.

Since I will be getting up real early in the morning I need to go to bed sooner than later, but before I do, I want to thank our dear friends Ellen and Charlie Cooper for helping us get Kia up to Canada and Fay Maclachlan and her lovely family for adopting another super dog from us. We love y'all so much!

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Nancy, it's 1am Toronto time and I can't get to sleep because I'm so excited about our new baby girl flying up from Texas tomorrow! Thankyou to Ellen & Charlie for taking her to the airport, they ROCK! I'll let you know when she has arrived safely in Canada.
F. xo

cousin nancy said...

Good morning Fay. It is eight minutes past six o'clock and Kia has left the rescue ranch. Ellen got here at 5:30. We had a quick cup of coffee and then we loaded up Kia. Because she is so good inside a car, Ellen put her in the front seat to ride with her and the crate in the truck bed. Fingers crossed everything will go great. If you have time this evening please drop me a note to let me know that Kia got there safely. We love this dog and cannot thank you enough for adopting her. Please tell Kris howdy for me.