Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kinky Will Be Signing Books At Wolfmueller's Books, Tomorrow Between 4:30 to 6:30! Be There Are Be Square!

This morning I overslept. I woke up at seven-thirty-five. Thank goodness I woke up when I did, because I had only ten minutes before calling in to do The Harley Show!

In ten fast minutes, I had all of the dogs and Lucky fed, and just enough time to jump on the computer to see who Harley's Pet Of The Week was. At seven-forty-four, I called the station, and after two rings, Harley picked up the phone. He told me that it would be about three minutes before we could do the rescue ranch segment, so I told him that I would hang up and call back, because I had overslept.

Three minutes later, I was on the air, telling Harley about Layla, the dog that we rescued a few weeks back, and how great she was. Then Harley changed the subject and started talking about Texas accents, and how they seemed to be disappearing. "I know, Harley," I said. "Since we are both from Fort Worth, you and I have north Texas accents, and they are really different from this part of the country. Did you know, I was thirteen, when I found out that I was mispronouncing the word pliers, when I asked someone to lend me a pair of 'plowers!'..." We did a lot of laughing and I think the show went well.

This afternoon, while Tony was outside working, I went to Kerrville to run a few errands. When I was done with them, I decided to drop by Wolfmueller's Books for a short visit with Sandy and Jon. When I walked into their store, I was greeted by both of them! After the howdies, Jon asked me if I was wearing my new glasses. "Yes. Why?" I asked.

"Because you were walking sorta funny!" Jon said, followed by a laugh.

"I know. I am having a really hard time adjusting to them. I used my old cheaters all day, until driving to Kerrville. I can see distance, but am having a hard time reading or using them when I am on the computer."

"You'll get used to them, Nancy," Sandy said. Then she asked to see them, so I took them off and handed the bifocals to her. Then Jon handed me something to read, and I couldn't see, so he handed me his cheaters, and just as I was about to read, Sandy handed my new glasses back to me. We started laughing, as I removed Jon's glasses and put my new ones back on. It was like musical glasses.

We had a really fun visit! Before leaving, I asked Sandy to look up Domino's Pizza's phone number, so I could order a pizza for Tone and me. Sandy gave me the number and I punched it into my cell phone. "Welcome to Domino's Pizza. You can save five dollars off your order, if you use your computer and type in this code..."

"Sandy, please write this down," I said. Then I told her four numbers, and hung up on the recording. After telling them about the five dollars off code, Jon went online to Domino's for me. As the three of us tried to figure out how to order the pizza that I wanted, we got to laughing at ourselves! "They don't have supreme pizzas anymore," Jon said. "Maybe this one is it..."

After spending five minutes, we found the pizza that I wanted, and Jon ordered it for me, using the promotional code. Then I took off for Domino's.

After Tone and I had devoured the delicious pizza, we grabbed our computers, and went over to see Will and Mickey, over at the Lodge, so Mickey could help us with our iChat setup. Within fifteen minutes, Mickey had us setup! Then Tony, Will and I went online with our Macs, and in seconds, the three of us were seeing each other on our screens and talking to each other!
It was totally amazing to me, to be able to see them talking to me on my computer! Then I started laughing about it.

"Here we are, all sitting two feet away from each other, and we are using our computers to talk and see each other!" Will, who is very funny, then started cutting up with us. He started distorting his face, and changing backgrounds faster than T. or I could respond to his last one! We laughed and played around with the different effects for over twenty minutes! It was a lot of fun! Before leaving the Lodge, we thanked Mickey for all of his help.

When we returned to the trailer, Kinky had left us a message, "Tone. Nance. Tony. Call me, Nance." I called Kinky. He was in San Antonio, for his book signing tonight, at Barnes and Nobles, at La Canterra! We talked about the two inches of rain that we received last night, and The Friedmans. He will be back at the ranch later tonight.

FYI: Tomorrow, Kinky Will Be Signing Books At Wolfmueller's Books, Between 4:30 to 6:30! Be There Are Be Square! T. and I are going, and we can't wait! See y'all there!

As soon as I publish this blog, I am going to get on iChat and talk to Tone, who is down the hall! I love it! No more half-hollering in this trailer! "Can you hear me, now?"

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: