Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Change Of Pace!

This morning I overslept, but I was back on track by eight-thirty. By nine o'clock, I was sitting at the kitchen table doing paperwork. By eleven, I was caught up with that stuff! Then it was time for me to exercise.

I wanted to walk six fast miles, but for a change of pace, I turned on the Fitness Channel, and decided to lift weights with a very muscular woman, that had to have been half my age. As I pumped iron with her, using my heavy, blue, five pound hand weights, I got scared when the camera zoomed in to show these giant muscled arms, that I figured belonged to one of the men in the workout, but they were hers!

I don't want big arms like hers, but I continued to sweat and feel the burn in my arms, which she said was supposed to be good for me. An hour later, after the strenuous workout, I decided to do Pilates with another woman, on the Fitness Channel. It was fun and easy, until she told me to get down on the floor, and lay down on my back.

As we did her version of sit ups, I started thinking about scorpions, and the possibility of getting bit by one, but I didn't stop. Near the end of her thirty minute show, Tone walked in and his jaw dropped when he saw me laying on the floor with my legs up in the air, crisscrossing. "Be careful, Nance," he remarked. "Watch out for scorpions." Fortunately, the show ended in minutes, and I didn't get stung by one!

This afternoon, after I had ordered Richard Simmons' Dancing To The Oldies, from Amazon, Kinky called me. He is back on the road, again and he won't be back until Sunday. We talked for about five minutes.

This evening, as I painfully lift my aching arms to type this, I am happy. The reason that I am happy is because, today, with the help of a friendly Apple tech, I successfully transferred all of my files from my old computer to my new computer! I know that it is not a hard task to do, but for me it is. I am proud of my accomplishment.

I'm not sure if I can blog tomorrow night, because Tone and me are going out to dinner with Jon and Sandy, at Peasants, the five star restaurant at the Trail's End Guest House, and I can't wait! Jon and Sandy made reservations for us last week. Tony and I can't wait to eat David's fabulous food, and to visit with Desiree and him and Sandy and Jon! I know it will be a blast! And, it will be fun to visit with Beckham! I'm planning on giving Beck all of my leftovers, if there are any!

I am praying that I can move my arms in the morning. And, I've decided to definitely do the walk everyday, until Richard's exercise DVD's arrive. Then I will alternate them with walking with Leslie Sansone. I think The Fitness Channel is great, but not when you have scorpions chasing you around on the floor.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: