Monday, October 19, 2009

Just Another Love-Hate Relationship!

Yesterday, after Tony and I had returned from Kerrville, after eating my birthday lunch at China Town, and then going on a fifty dollar shopping spree at Gibsons, I was ready for a quiet afternoon, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

After taking a short nap with my fur buddies, I decided to go out to my cabin, to take a few pictures, for the book jacket that I am designing for my new book. After telling Tony, the dogs and Lucky where I was going, I grabbed my camera and left the trailer.

My head was full of thoughts about what pictures I needed to take, as I walked towards the writing cabin. After opening the gate to the cabin yard, I nearly stumbled on two snakes fighting, right in front of me! I wanted to scream, but I didn't, because I detest people raising their voice. So, I just jumped back!

Then I picked up a big rock, which I think was the same rock, that we had used as our rock-tool, on Buttermilk's air conditioning fan, earlier this summer. I didn't throw it at the snakes, instead, I threw it at the lower part of our trailer as hard as I could! It made a loud noise, and then it bounced off into the front yard.

The reason that I threw it at the trailer, is because I knew Tone would come running! He always comes running, when I throw rocks at the trailer. It is our code for 'get outside, now!' He never uses it, but I do.

"What, Nance?" Tony hollered, from the front door.

"Tony! There are two giant snakes fighting, out by the gate to the cabin! They nearly scared me to death! And, I nearly stepped on them!" As soon as Tony heard my words, he started running down the porch steps towards me. Then he ran past me to look at the snakes. "Be careful, Tone!"

T. stopped in his footsteps, when he reached the gate entrance. They were still there and still fighting! There was a moment of silence, then Tony started laughing! "What's so funny?" I asked.

"Babe, they are not fighting. They are making love, and they are harmless ribbon snakes." I walked up a little closer, and handed T. my camera.

"Please take a picture of them, so I can prove I saw them. I don't want to get close to them." I said. Tony took my camera and took this picture of them.

Then he took this video clip of them fighting or making up! Tying the knot! You decide. I think they were fighting. And, I'm going to show this video clip to Kinky tomorrow, and get his opinion.

Y'all have a great evening!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my vote says they are romancing :)

DY_Goddess said...

Nancy writes, "He always comes running, when I throw rocks at the trailer." You made me laugh out loud when I read that, too funny!

They were definitely getting jiggy Nance, no fighting going on there.
They are really beautiful snakes, although, like you, I wouldn't have wanted to be too close to them.

Simply Cindy Lou said...

It looks like he is choking her. Thats not my idea of romance. If they are making love it makes me glad that I am not a ribbon snake. I'm with you on this one Nancy.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! Tony-1, Me -0.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Cindy Lou! Thanks for evening the score!
Tone-1, Me-1!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! So, you think they were ribbon- dancing, too.
Now it's Tone-2, Me-1. I am going over to Kinky's to show him and Marcie the video, and get their opinions!