Friday, February 23, 2018

Crock Pots!

Today has been great. It has been rainy, so I spent most of my day putting more of our stuff up and the results are huge. Seriously, with the exception of "our tool area," still in the corner of the big room, the kitchen and the rest of the big room look great.

I moved some of my musical instruments around, reorganized the kitchen shelves, unpacked six boxes that included items such as clothing, kitchen gadgets, framed pictures, etc.

Speaking of clothing, today I found my "I Hiked The Entire (width of the) Appalachian Trail" t-shirt that our good, dear friends, Drew and Ellie, bought for me, as a joke when he and Ellie were actually hiking the Appalachian Trail. (That was a few years ago and I did blog about it.)


Anyway, Drew is such a fun loving character and we totally love him for it. Years ago, precisely on January 29, 2015, the day that I blogged Packin' It— he is the man who loaned me his backpack and walking stick, so I could pose like I was hilking the Appalachian Trail. And here are a few pictures to remind you.



P.S. I used Photoshop to put the sign on the tree.

I had so much fun joking about me hiking the Appalachian Trail I ended up making a trail sign and I hung it up on the wall, above our kitchen table. I love that sign. So when we started moving over here it was one of the first things that I hung up on the wall, in the big room. 

And the second thing that I hung up on the wall, next to it, was my prized, pretty, pink potholder, in a shadowbox that our good friend, Jean, helped me finish making, because I was too stupid to figure out how to tie up the ends of the potholder. And here is a reminder of those two precious items.


So me hiking the Appalachian Trail has become a long-running joke with us and all of our friends. In fact, a few months ago, Carol, gave me a hiking sign, as a house-warming gift for our new cabin and we hung her hiking sign, on our front porch.


Okay, I am betting that right about now you're probably asking yourself, "Why is she telling me all of this old news about the Appalachian Trail?" And I don't blame you for asking. Because I think it is really weird that today I find Drew's Appalachian Trail T-shirt that I absolutely love and Drew who corresponds with me regularly about every 6 months or so, sent me this hilarious e-mail just a few hours after I had hung up my T-shirt, in the closet. Drew wrote:

"....Well we are back on the Appalachian Trail. Going to spend the summer here. We are sitting at a brewery with a bunch of hikers. I am about to make a public announcement and explain they are walking on sacred ground retracing the steps of the famous hiker, Cousin Nancy (Parker-Simons)...."

After I read Drew's laugh out loud e-mail and I had settled down a little bit I read my dear friend Liz's e-mail. Her subject line was: 4 New Instant Pot Recipes From Mark Bittman. 

In her fun to read note Liz told me that she has enjoyed reading my blog about our move and the Instant Pot. She mentioned that she was old school, because she had just gotten a red crock pot that she told Jim was his Valentine gift to her. And that instantly made a light bulb go off in my head.

Since Tony and I only give each other Valentine's Day cards I am going to tell him that I am going to give him my old, used, red crock pot as my belated Valentine's gift to him, since for Valentine's Day he gave me the Instant Pot!

Anyway, I checked out the epicurious link that Liz sent to me and the four Instant Pot recipes blew me away and I cannot wait to try them. Of course, now I am feeling guilty about me getting an Instant Pot and sweet Liz being thrilled about getting a red crock pot. 

So I've decided that if Tony doesn't want my red crock pot belated Valentine gift I will sneak over to their ranch and leave my old, crock pot, at their gate. Then Liz will have two crock pots instead of just one and she'll not be jealous of me and my Instant Pot! That is unless Jim finds it first and claims it as his crock pot. 

And I've already decided if Jim claims my/Tony's crock pot as his I will sneak back over to their beautiful ranch and leave my bread machine, next to the gate with an anonymous card that will simply say, For LIZ!

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: