Sunday, February 18, 2018

The One To Clean It Up!

Today has been great and I slept in, because I had no agenda planned for today. Until Tony took off to go take some pictures later this afternoon.

But let me back up first. Late this morning Tony told me that he was craving Jim's (The Mineral Man's)Pressure Cooker Senate Navy Bean Soup and it was weird because I was too.

Anyway, I suggested that he learn how to make them with my help using Jim's (I mean my) delicious recipe. And he was all for it, because he was anxious to try out our new Instant Pot. So we went for it.

As I read Tony the ingredients and the amounts he measured them carefully and added them to the pressure cooker's pot. And I was pretty impressed with his expertise, but not the mess that he was creating, on the counter top, because I knew that I would be the one to clean it up. Which I actually don't mind doing, because I enjoy washing dishes, etc.

Forty-five minutes later, Tony served us up some delicious Cousin Nancy's Senate Navy Bean Soup for us. And yes, he ate two bowls of it and I cleaned up the kitchen.

Around 1:30, Tony bid me farewell, because he was going to go take some pictures of some ducks and after he left it only took me about fifteen minutes to decide to build a bookcase for our small bathroom, because we both have way too much stuff and nowhere to put it, since we down-sized from having 2 1/2 bathrooms with a walk-in shower to one bathroom with one shower for both of us to share. And I took these pictures to show you how I did it, before Tone returned home with beautiful duck pictures.

This is the empty spot I chose to put the bathroom bookcase. Between the toilet and hot water tank.


I took a few measurements and then I went outside, on our front porch and used the chop saw to cut the number of boards I needed. Then I started building the bookcase, on the kitchen island.


Then I started screwing in the shelves. And, to make sure the shelves would be level and not going to come out slanting—I used various can sizes or two rolls of toilet paper stacker or sometimes 2 cans stacked on top of each other, etc. And please notice our La Crosse Atomic Clock, hanging on the front wall.


Even though the bookcase was longer than the island it was not a problem.


When I finished it I put it in the bathroom and used 2 L brackets to secure it to the back wall, so it would not fall down, in the middle of the night and trip me during the wee hours of the morning.


Then I started organizing our stuff on it. I got four shelves for my stuff and I gave Tone one shelf to cram all of his stuff into.


Then about this time Tony returned back home with duck photos and when he saw what I had accomplished he helped me finish making the cabinet doors and helping me hang them, even though he had only one shelf for his personal use.


Tony and I love our new storage bookcase and are thrilled that we have more space to put our things, in our bathroom.

As I finish writing this tonight I want to share The Mineral Man's delicious, Pressure Cooker Senate Bean Soup. Which I hope you will decide to call Cousin Nancy's Pressure Cooker Senate Bean Soup or Tony's Perfect Pressure Cooker Senate Bean Soup.


And that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: