Saturday, February 24, 2018

As Seen On TV! or Paint It Black!

Today has been great, but before I write another word I need to clear up something. In case you were wondering about me wanting to give sweet Liz my bread machine if her husband, Jim, decides to claim my red crock pot as his. Sadly, the reason that I'm not doing it is not out of kindness as it should be. I'm doing it for my mental health, because there is absolutely no space available, in the kitchen and I have no where else to put the dang thing. And with all of that said I've just had another light bulb go off in my head. (Don't worry. This happens to me all of the time.)

Anyway, giving away my bread machine could be the start of something really big, because we simply have too much stuff, since we are downsizing.

Heck, I could anonymously give away all kinds of stuff that we don't have room for by secretly leaving them, at friends gates or near their front doors. It would be helpful to me and also a lot of fun. So starting tomorrow morning I will add a new pile to my list of what to do with all of our stuff.

Up until now I've had only three piles when sorting and putting away our stuff.
     1. Keepers
     2. Goes To Good Will
     3. Trash it
And now I can add:
     4. Secret Give Aways To Friends

Late this morning Tony and I went to Kerrville. Our first stop was at the Post Office drive-thru, so I could mail out a few things. Our second stop was at Walmart, so we could buy Tony some new underwear and a dozen white, wire coat hangers for me. Our third stop was at the big H-E-B, so we could buy some more pork ribs to cook in my Instant Pot. (Remember, I told Tone that it was his Valentines gift to me?) And our last stop was at Home Depot so we could buy some more imported Swedish Pine, so we could stain it today and put it up, on his walls tomorrow, so it will look like a log cabin room, too.

That was all that we had planned to buy, at the Home Depot, until I saw this amazing rack, near the lumber section, in the front isle. And when I read the words "As Seen On TV" and saw that it was a Motion-Activated Solar Power LED Light, for only $12 bucks and some change—I just had to buy it. So Little Debbie will hopefully start pooping,  outside, in the front yard, instead of on our front porch or on the potty-pads we have strategically placed in The Cabin.

When we got back home, the first thing we did was unload the twenty 1"x4"s "Imported from Sweden." Seriously, I can't believe that they are from Sweden, because they are the cheapest white pine boards that you can buy at Home Depot.


After we unloaded them we stained them and our fingers too. And after we had stained them we gathered up several more Swedish 1"x4"s of different sizes and we stained them too. Just in case we run out of boards tomorrow when we do Tony's room.



Then while Tony took a brief break, I took a picture of my "As Seen On TV" Quick & Easy Outdoor Light package and then I went outside and screwed it into our front yard's gate post.



Then because the sun had finally come out from hiding, late this afternoon, Tony and I spent the next thirty minutes spray painting our front fence black to match our black gate. We used up four cans of black spray paint and now, the next time we go, to Kerrville, we must go back, to Home Depot, to buy some more spray paint so we can complete this "Paint It Black" fencing project.

And I guess that is about it for tonight, because I can't wait until it gets dark outside to see if Little Debbie will go outside and poop, in the yard, because of our newly installed, action-motivated solar light—"As Seen On TV."

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing! 

2 comments:

Nancy Doyle said...

Hi Nancy, I love your blog. So glad you're back at it, I did worry for a minute when you stopped to work on the big move. Will be heading your way early summer. Hope to see you then! Chicago Nancy

cousin nancy said...

Hi Nancy, in Chicago! It is good to hear from you and we cannot wait for you to come visit us!