Wednesday, March 30, 2016

General Grant!

Today has been great, even though we've been busy running errands today. This morning after Tony did the chores outside and I had caught up with the rescue ranch paperwork, we caravan-ed to Kerrville.

Trigger and I followed Tony and Buttermilk, to Balser's Northside Automotive, in Kerrville, because Buttermilk needed a tune-up, oil change, etc.

After we dropped off Buttermilk, we walked across the parking lot and ate a quick lunch special, at the Acapulco restaurant and it was delicious. Then we went to Walmart, J.C. Penney and lastly the Post Office. Then we came back home.

When we got home I went over to Kinky's to visit with him, author Mary Lou Sullivan and his old friend Russ, who are both visiting him. Mary Lou is here to do more research for her authorized Kinky biography that she is writing and Russ is here to visit with his dear friend Kinky and Tony and me. (And rumor has it that Russ is seriously thinking about adopting our sweet Katee Sackhoff, who is only two-years-old. So please keep your fingers crossed for her.)


While I was over at the Lodge, Kinky showed me this beautiful, framed, photo that was given to him when he was up in Fort Worth, last week. "Nance, Spanky McFarland's son gave me this framed picture of Spanky and it is signed by Spanky..."

I loved it, because it was the cutest picture of Spanky, when he was a child actor, sitting next to another actor, whom I did not recognize. And because the picture of Spanky was given as a personal gift to Kinky, I only took a picture of Spanky's signature to show it to you.


Then Russ, Kinky and I started trying to remember the names of the four main characters that starred in the 1930's-1940's Our Gang also known as The Little Rascals. And I got all four names first, including Petey's name, the famous dog that had a magic marker circle around one eye.


When I got back home, I quickly did a little research about Petey and I found out that Petey's grave is famous and it is located, in Silver Spring Maryland. And the dog's real name wasn't Petey. It was General Grant of R.K.O. or Jiggs and his sun sign was Cancer, born in 1928 and died in 1938.


I loved Petey so much, in fact, every time that he appeared in a Little Rascals episode, I'd always wish that he was my dog, even though I loved Tuffy, our family Blue Heeler mutt who actually taught me how to walk, by letting me hold on to his short, crooked tail. And I am sure that there are many others who also felt the same way that I did about Petey, because he was so sweet and so smart.

And that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: