Monday, March 28, 2016

What Is It?

Today has been great. Tony and I spent most of the last three days mowing and weed-eating and our rescue ranch looks beautiful once again. I'm not a real big fan of pushing a lawn mower around the pens and the yards, but it is really great exercise for me, so I am actually not complaining.

Last night, after we had finished mowing, I came inside and decided that I needed to trim Little Debbie's nails. So I went and found our Pedi-Paws battery-operated nail grinder for dogs and I placed it by Roy's and my chair. Then I started a load of laundry and then Hazel came out of the closet to help me remove another recent pile of dog hair scattered all around The Cabin.

After Hazel went back into the closet I walked into the kitchen and heard the strangest sound and it sounded like it was coming from outside, near the window by Roy's and my chair. "Tony," I half-hollered, down the hallway. "Please come in here."

Three minutes later, knowing that it wasn't one of my many emergencies, by the tone of my voice, Tony showed up. "What is it?"

"What is that weird sound? Listen. Do you hear that?"

Tony walked over to the window, by Roy's and my chair, and he picked up the buzzing Pedi-Paws and he chuckled, as he held it up and flipped the switch to turn the thing off.


Then he grabbed his camera and went outside to take some more awesome pictures of the beautiful birds that so often frequent his many bird feeders, in the pink cabin's front yard.

After he left I turned on my iPod and sat down in Roy's and my chair. Then while listening to some of my favorite music I picked up Little Debbie and gave her a pedi-cure, while she peacefully slept in my lap. Then I did Big Al(ice)'s nails.

Late this afternoon, our good friend Leisa is coming to visit us and she is going to spend the night, in my pretty, pink, writing cabin. And that is why I am writing this early, because Hazel and I need to do some last minute house cleaning, etc. so it doesn't look like we live here.

Y'all have a great day and evening!

No comments: