Monday, March 14, 2016

Medina To Terlingua! or Austin To Boston! or Medina To Kerrville!

Today has been great. It's been a quiet day and I spent much of the morning catching up with rescue ranch paperwork, returning phone calls and e-mails, etc.

As y'all already know, our good musician friends Jim Keaveny and his super sweet wife, Anna Oakley and their dog Tubo, recently visited us and they spent the night in my pink writing cabin, before driving from Medina To Terlingua, where they live.

Kinky, Tony and I had a wonderful time visiting with them and before we adios-ed each other they gave Tony and me some frozen boudin, that they had purchased in Louisiana. Anyway, today I cooked the boudin for our lunch and it was absolutely the most delicious boudin that we've ever eaten.

So after I sent Anna and Jim a thank you e-mail for giving us the best boudin in the world, I decided to take a break and watch the movie Austin To Boston, while our clothes were tumbling around, inside our dryer, Airy Queen.

I had so much fun watching this high-spirited musical road movie with Little Debbie and Big Al(ice) sleeping, on my lap, Roy and Belle sleeping side by side, beside Roy's and my chair and Henry Standing Bear and Beau sleeping on the front porch.

I highly recommend Austin To Boston to anyone who loves music! The movie is about five VW camper vans, 4 bands, 3,000 miles in two weeks. The musicians are all incredibly talented. The musicians are: Ben Howard, The Staves, Nathaniel Rateliff and Bear's Den and it was produced by Ben Lovett of Mumford & Sons and Ty Johnson. And it was narrated by Gill Landry .

After watching this fabulous movie about what it's like to be traveling musicians I immediately added their channels to my Pandora music list. Then I folded our clothes.

You can watch Austin To Boston on Netflix and if you click on Austin To Boston you can watch the movie trailer and get a sample of their incredibly great music. And that's about it for today, because Tony and I are fixin' to drive from Medina to Kerrville.

Y'all have a great day/evening!

No comments: