Saturday, March 12, 2016

I Was Astounded!

Today has been great. Marguerite, our great friend, sent me an e-mail today and I love the picture that she sent of Odi watching Scout chew on her yellow bone. Scout's bone is just like the one she recently gave to Henry Standing Bear, but Henry's is much larger and it is blue. Marguerite wrote:

"I hope Henry finds a buddy to share his bone with. Odi usually picks it up first and runs past Scout growling, then the chase is on!"



This morning when I first went outside I was astounded by how fast the grass and weeds have grown since it has rained for the past few days. Even though I know that we will be mowing and weed-eating tomorrow and Monday, I am really glad that we went ahead and mowed down the grass and weeds last week, because at least we won't be having to mow down foot-tall grass and weeds. 

This afternoon, I did some serious Spring cleaning. When I started pulling the furniture away from the walls I was astounded by all of the dust and dog hair that has accumulated, in the nooks and crannies, since my last deep-cleaning, which was probably about four months ago.

I love having a clean house/trailer/cabin and I wish that I enjoyed doing housework more often, but I don't, because it so boring to me. And besides that our dogs seem to be constantly shedding, so to me it is like fighting a losing battle, where Hazel and I never get to win.

But I am not complaining about Hazel and me having to vacuum, at least every other day, because that just comes with the territory, when you love dogs.

After I adios-ed Hazel and she went back into the closet to rest, I sat down, on Roy's and my chair, with Little Debbie and Big Al(ice) on my lap and we watched Neil Young's Heart of Gold, while Roy, Belle and Beau slept on our bed, while Henry happily chewed on his big, blue bone, in front of the entertainment center. 

I love Neil Young and that video so much, because Neil Young is one of my heroes for so many reasons. 

Tonight I am planning to binge watch Longmire episodes before going to bed. And that's about it for today.

P.S. Don't forget to watch our good friend, Steve Pietzsch, on Texas Country Reporter this weekend!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: