Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Light Bulb Moment!

Today has been great. This morning, after drinking my second, delicious cup of Donut Shop coffee, I talked on the phone for nearly two hours.

Generally, I don't enjoy talking on the phone at all and anything longer than ten minutes is just too much. But this time it was fun, because our friend, Mary Lou Sullivan, was interviewing/recording me for her upcoming authorized, official autobiography of Kinky.

After the interview, Tony and I took off, for Kerrville, to eat lunch and then run a few errands. By the time we got to Kerrville, Tony and I had decided to eat lunch at Buzzi's Barbecue. And when we pulled into the parking lot, which was nearly full, we spotted Big G's giant pickup parked near the front of the restaurant. But when we walked inside we didn't see Big G anywhere.

When we were leaving the restaurant, Tony saw Big G, standing outside, talking to a couple, in the parking lot. So we went outside to say hello to our good friend. After howdies, hugs and handshakes Big G told me that yesterday Jim Keaveny had dropped by the radio station and had dropped off some of his music CDs to listen to, but unfortunately Big G had missed seeing Jim & Anna, because he was at an appointment. "Keaveny's music is really great...." Big G said.

After our fun visit with Big G (Gordon Ames) we went to the Home Depot to pick up one more 4-bulb pack of Ecosmart LED Soft White light bulbs, because a few days earlier we had purchased three 4-packs and had replaced twelve of our old light bulbs with these non-mercury, awesome, money saving bulbs that estimates the energy cost to be only $1.08 per year and it only uses 9 watts. And just one bulb will save us $140.00 in lifetime energy savings.


When I had read the package, I joked to Tony, "How can they promise $140.00 in lifetime energy savings when they don't know how long we will live?"

I know that we are probably the last people, on Earth, who have not switched over to using LED bulbs, but we didn't know about it until Tony had watched a YouTube video about them.

So, as I finish writing this tonight, I am very excited about saving so much money. Because I just calculated how much money it will cost us using our 16 LED bulbs for one year @ $1.08 cost per  year and it will only cost us $17.28 if we keep them all turned on and we never turn them off. Now that's a light bulb moment.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: