Thursday, May 1, 2014

Time!

Today has been great and a lot of fun. This morning I got up real early, so I could wake up before doing the Harley Show. At 7:44, when I called Harley, Seth answered the phone and told me that today he was doing Harley's show, because Harley had called in sick, but he should be back on the Air tomorrow.

A few seconds later, Seth introduced me On-Air. We talked about Katie being his Pet of The Week, even though Kate Middleton actually found her fortunate, forever home a few weeks ago. Then I confessed about forgetting to remove her from our web site: utopiarescue.com, because I've been so busy since the Concert for Utopia. After we talked about our great volunteers and I had invited everyone to come out and become a dog-walking volunteer I jokingly put Seth on the spot when I asked him, "Do you have a dog?"

He laughed and then said, "Yes, we do have a dog and my wife wants to get another one..." Before we adios-ed each other I invited him and his wife to come out and adopt one of our super dogs.

Around 11:45, after Tony and I did our chores outside, we jumped inside Trigger and took off for Kerrville, to run a few errands, before Rick and Leisa treated us to lunch, in town.

During our fun lunch, Rick started teasing Leisa about her always asking people how long does it take to get from here to there, instead of asking them how many miles it is from here to there, so I sided up with Leisa. "Rick, it's like this. Pretend that I'm having a party at 1:00 and you have never been out to the rescue ranch. We're 22 miles from Kerrville, which you would assume would take 22 minutes, but because of the winding Highway 16, the traffic and the Medina Pass, it actually takes approximately 30 - 35 minutes. So, to get here on time for my party you would need to leave at 12:25 -12:30. Not 12:38, because you would be late for it and that's why I'm not inviting you to it."

After Leisa, Rick & Tony had finished laughing, Rick, always needing to get the last word in, joked, "Well Nancy, that's fine with me, because I hate parties anyway."

This afternoon, around 4:00, Karon and the sweet kids, from the Medina Children's Home came over to walk our dogs for us and our dogs loved it. And that's about it for tonight, except I want you to know that this morning, after we had told Rick & Leisa about Aggie and her fear-biting problem that we're currently working on, because she is not yet fully socialized, he grabbed a dog biscuit and gave it to her, through the fence, without her barking at him or acting vicious. "Nancy," Rick said later. "When I walked up to her pen, she calmly walked up to the fence—wagging her tail and she took the doggie treat from me. She's a cool dog and I bet she is going to be just fine in time..." And Tony and I agreed with Rick.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: