Monday, May 12, 2014

Mama's Muffin!

Today has been great and so was Saturday and Sunday, even though there was nothing exciting to report. I am writing this early this evening, because I might have to unplug everything in a few hours, because once again, the weather experts have promised us more rain, with possible thunderstorms, tonight and tomorrow morning.

Saturday and Sunday night because I had nothing interesting to write about, I watched two movies that I have been wanting to see. Saturday night Mama, Belle and I watched August: Osage County, while Tony, Beau and Roy watched television, in Tony's office. I really enjoyed the movie, but Mama and Belle slept through most of it. Sunday night, I watched Philomena while all of our dogs slept and I loved it too.

This morning I cooked Mama pancakes, again, but because she is so old, frail and now a finicky eater, she only ate half of her stack. So, before I started writing this, I decided to try fixin' my dear old friend my version of an egg and cheese McMuffin.

While toasting up a muffin and four pair of eyes watching me, I fried up three, over-easy eggs. When I started carefully trying to stack all three eggs on top of a cheese covered, buttered muffin bun, Roy started barking at me, to let me know that he wanted to eat Mama's Muffin and that made Mama growl.

After I nicely asked Mama to quit being so grumpy, I placed the other half of her muffin, on top and then I wrapped it up in foil and put it in the oven to warm, for a few minutes. Then I asked Roy, Belle and Beau to go outside, so they wouldn't get jealous and they did.

When I removed the tall, warmed Mama Muffin, Mama began drooling and after she had let it cool down some —she gobbled up the whole thing, within seconds! So now, Mama is happy and that makes me happy.

Today, Ellen, our good friend / volunteer, who for nearly seven weeks has been fostering a mama cat and her kittens for us, sent me a picture of the two precious kittens, that still need to find forever homes, because the mama cat and the other kittens have already been adopted. So, if you are wanting to adopt a precious kitten or know of someone wanting a kitten—please call me @830-589-7544. Yesterday, Ellen took this picture of the seven-week-old cuties.


And that's about it for tonight, because Kinky just called and asked me to come over to the Lodge.

Y'all have a great evening! And if you have the time, please pray for some rain.

2 comments:

Fay said...

Awwww, just love Mama! She's such a gentle sweet Girl and her fur is like velvet! Glad you found her something she likes, it's tough to keep them eating when they get older.
Fay xo

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Mama is a big fan of yours and my cooking.