Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Independent Ice!

Tony and I had such a wonderful time this past weekend visiting with our dear friends, Larry and Dee, I literally ran out of time to write anything for my blog. Yesterday was an extremely busy day for us and I was just too tired to write last night, so now I am back in the saddle again, so to speak, and am taking the time to write.

Today has been great. At 7:20 this morning, Big G called me to do my Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch segment. It was a lot of fun and his Pet Of The Week was Rufus, a very lovable twelve-year-old dog.

After Big G and I adios-ed each other, I quickly cooked up Tony's two eggs and muffin breakfast and then I wrapped it up and put his breakfast, into the oven, to keep it warmed, at 225 degrees. Then I went outside to start doing my morning chores.

By 10:00, we had done our outside chores, I had showered and dressed and felt great about the whole day being ahead of us. So, after I started a load of clothes washing, I went down the hallway and said, "Tony, I want to go to the Medina Garden Nursery, to buy some plants from Ernesto..."

Thirty minutes later, Tony and I were at our favorite garden center, in Texas, talking to Ernesto. "Ernesto, I bought this pots & pans hanger, at the Medina Garage Sale, Saturday morning and I am going to put plants inside it and hang it up on our front porch. I need your help on what plants to use, because they will only get partial sunlight...."

One hour later, Tony and I were back home with our new plants. While I was inside cooking us a delicious frittata, for lunch, Tony was outside on the front porch putting on the needed hardware, so he could hang up my pots & pans hanger—that I bought for only fifteen dollars.


After lunch, Tony went back outside to work on Tom Landry's & Grace Kelly's pen, because Sunday morning those two dug out again. While he was outside working, I decided to decorate The Cabin with the new stuff that we bought at the town's garage sale.

First, I took a picture of the "Independent Ice Co. Let Us Serve You" ice scooper, that has a bottle opener on one end and it only cost me a dollar.



Then I hung it up, above our stove.


Then I hung up my newest flying pig (upper left hand corner) and it too, only cost me a dollar.


Then I filled up the super cool, candle holder with our pens, pencils, markers and paintbrushes and I put it on the breakfast bar, next to Carlton and it didn't cost me anything, because when I was fixin' to purchase it, Larry and Dee bought it as a gift for me and it only cost them five dollars. 


I am still not sure where I am going to mount the black, vintage Bell System telephone, made by Western Electric, that still works and comes with a turning, volume control knob, at its base. I love my Made In America phone that only cost me six dollars, that I had to pay out in quarters, from the bottom of my purse, because I ran out of paper money. 


Late this afternoon, Tony went outside and built a 25"X10", 1" X 4"pine, flower box for me. 


Then he planted our new flowers. Then I helped him hang up our newest and heaviest, hanging pots & pans, flower box, which I totally love. Thank you, Tony!


Then Carol came over for a really fun visit, in Outer Space and yes, Carol loves our new hanging pots & pans flower box. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Wow! You got some awesome things, Nance! Tony did a great job on the hanging planter, looks great.
Have a great day and please tell Tony my Butterfly & Hummingbird seeds have wee sprouts so I'm hopeful they will take well and grow into nice flowers to attract some bees & butterflies to my front garden.
I put up a hummingbird feeder but so far, no visitors. It's been extremely chilly tho, so I'm hoping it's just too early for them to have migrated up this far north.
Miss you all and will be back to visit as soon as I can.
Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! I agree with you that Tony did a great job on the hanging planter box. I will tell Tony about your sprouts and I am sure they will attract the butterflies and hummingbirds. We miss you and we can't wait for you to visit us again, hopefully with Ian. Stay warm, while we try to stay cool.