Saturday, May 31, 2014

BYOS!

Today has been great. For our lunch, I went Online, to the Food Network, to check out some easy Portobello Mushroom recipes. There were many delicious-looking recipes to choose from and when I saw the picture of their Portobello Parmesan recipe, I decided to give that one a try.

It was absolutely delicious and basically easy for me to make! I took this picture of my Portobello Parmesan and I served it with wedges of avocado and leftover, homemade lentil soup. Tony loved the Portobello Parmesan so much, that he would not quit telling me how much he loved it. So it looks like I shall be cooking that recipe sooner than later.



After lunch we had two different sets of friendly people come out and we gave them tours of our rescue ranch, but unfortunately none of them were looking to adopt. 

Now I have three very exciting things to tell you about and I hope that y'all will check out all of the links to them that I've provided. Of course, only after you have checked out the Food Network's delicious Portobello Parmesan recipe that I made earlier today.

1. The Chet O'Keefe House Concert, that Tony and I are having for Chet, is going to happen out here, on the Summer Solstice, Saturday, June 21st, with Chet's House Concert starting at 6:30! It is by invitation only and tickets are $20.00 per person, to be collected at the gate. If you do not receive an invitation and you would like to come to Chet O'Keefe's fabulous concert please call me, at 830-589-7544 to get you and your friend's name added to our guests list. It is also going to be BYOS! Bring Your Own Stuff, such as chairs, refreshments and blankets, because it will be held outside, so our dogs can also enjoy listening to Chet's fabulous music. Tony and I will provide bottled water and Chet will provide an enjoyable evening outdoors listening to his awesome music. Please note that this is not a rescue ranch benefit. It is a House Concert with all proceeds going to Chet O'Keefe. And lastly, even though the Chet O'Keefe House Concert will be held on the longest day of the year, we promise you that it will not be as long as our recent over four hours long, Concert for Utopia. : )

2. Yesterday, Chet and I were back and forth on the phones discussing his upcoming House Concert and he told me that he decided to give blogging a try and he has just launched his blog on Google. So Tony and I immediately checked out his blog and we love it and we are looking forward to following him. You can check out Chet's new blog by clicking on this link: http://chetokeefe.blogspot.com And please leave him a comment, because us bloggers love to receive comments.

3. I love Phil Houseal and I think the world of him, as if y'all already didn't know. Like some of my other author friends: Kinky Friedman, Cary RobinsonDonna Gable Hatch and George Fischer, Phil Houseal is also one of my favorite Texas Hill Country authors. Anyway, the other day when I blogged about Phil's fifth book An Interrupted Conversationthe I forgot to tell you how you too can purchase a copy for only $9.95. Phil has an awesome web site titled: Full House. It is a very fun, informative and interesting site to visit, so please click on this link to check out my good friend Phil Houseal: http://www.fullhouseproductions.net/ And please note that mine and my author friends books can also be purchased at Amazon.com too.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: