Friday, May 2, 2014

Creative Cakes By Sharon!

Today has been great. This morning, Tony, Rick and I went outside, when the sun came up, to feed the dogs and clean their pens. Then I cooked breakfast for us and it was not Cousin Nancy's Spinach & Sausage Frittata that everyone seems to love, because I was out of the two main ingredients—spinach and sausage.

While the four of us ate breakfast, Rick told us about getting up around 3:00 and going outside to discover a gigantic raccoon trying to get into The Golden Girls' Egg Palace. And the way Rick told the story was pretty dang funny, even though I'm sure our chickens would not have laughed about it—if chickens laugh at all.

Around 10:00, when our great dog-walking volunteers showed up, Leisa and Rick were, inside my pink writing cabin, packing up their things, because they needed to get back on the road. I hung out with them and watched closely as they loaded up Leisa's Chevy pickup, because I was afraid that they might steal something. (Not really. I'm just joking and decided to write something funny and I hope that it made you laugh.)

Anyway, it was about 11:15 when Leisa and Rick pulled up to the barn and adios-ed us and the volunteers, and then they took off, leaving a trail of dust behind them, that covered all of us, because it is so dry out here and we need rain like a fish needs water.

At 11:45, all of us went up to the Medina Highpoint Resort to eat lunch together and to surprise Suzanne with a birthday party. When Tony and I arrived Suzanne was busy getting tea, on the other side of the tall counter, while Eileen quietly lit the three candles on Suzanne's adorable, custom decorated birthday cake that Eileen had ordered from Creative Cakes By Sharon, on Earl Garrett Street, in Kerrville. And when Suzanne walked around the corner, with her iced tea, all of us starting singing the Happy Birthday song to her. To say the least, "Suzanne was totally surprised and her cute birthday cake, that everyone admired, was absolutely delicious. In fact, the cake was so tasty, several of the volunteers got seconds and made comments about Sharon being the best baker, in the Texas Hill Country."

When Suzanne's fun, surprise birthday party was over, our good friends Kris & Jim, followed Tony and me back to the rescue ranch, because I needed Jim's help to program my Undepressable Press Square Credit Card Reader, because tomorrow morning, at 10:30, I'll be doing a book signing, at the Medina Community Library, which by the way, is my favorite library and is proudly known as "The Best Little Library in Texas!"

While Jim and I sat at the kitchen table, so he could program my Square Reader for me, because he is a whole lot smarter than I am, Kris sipped a cup of coffee and visited with Tony, talking about arrowheads, dogs, etc.

After I had finally retrieved my password for my super cool credit card reader, it only took Jim about three minutes to program and set up my Square reader for me, that I hopefully will get to use tomorrow, at the book signing. Then Tony and I visited with our dear friends for a while, before we adios-ed each other.

Ten minutes after they had left the building, I checked my e-mail to discover that Jan, a good friend of Tony's that also loves animals, who lives in Mountain Home, had just purchased a copy of The Cowgirl Sisterhood: The Membership Drive, Part I, so I happily signed her a copy and then I took off, in Trigger, to go mail it, at the Post Office, in Medina. And my fingers are crossed that she'll get it tomorrow.

And that is about it for today, because now I need to get everything ready for my book signing, tomorrow morning, at The Best Little Library in Texas. Wish me luck!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: