Wednesday, May 21, 2014

This Made Me Think Of You. I Love It!

Today has been great. This morning after Tony and I did our chores outside, I was feeling a little blue, until I read an e-mail sent from Carol. This is what she wrote: "This made me think of you. I love it!" and when I looked at the picture that she sent to me—I loved it, too. And it immediately lifted my spirits, because I decided to make one immediately.


As soon as I had written Carol back to thank her for sending the picture to me, I went outside to look for that old rake that had once belonged to my parents, many years ago. It took me a little over ten minutes to find it, down by the barn.

Three minutes later, Tony came outside and cut off the rake's handle. Then we came back inside The Cabin, so I could figure out where I wanted to hang it. There were three possible places for it to hang and after holding it up to the walls to see how it would look, I decided to remove a Roy & Dale's picture and hang it there. And it made Tony and me laugh, when we took it down and saw the outline of the frame.



I instantly knew how I wanted to decorate my parent's rusty rake, so I went into our wine cellar, our bedroom closet, and grabbed the little, furry, Fess Parker coonskin cap wine topper, that my dear friends Cheryl & Walter gave to me for my birthday, two years ago, along with a bottle of Fess Parker Wine and a set of four etched Fess Parker wine glasses. I loved their gifts and I love Cheryl & Walter and Fess Parker, so I was thrilled that I could display the wine topper and wine glasses for everyone to see.

The little coonskin cap fit perfectly on top of the rake and I was thrilled, because I know that every time that I look at my rake wine glass holder—I'll think of my wonderful, loving parents, my dearest friend Carol, for giving me the idea and inspiring me to do it and Walter & Cheryl, two of the nicest people on this planet.

While I washed and dried the four Fess Parker wine glasses, each etched with an adorable, coonskin cap, Tony hung up the rake for me. Then I hung up the once again, sparkling clean wine glasses and took this picture of my rake wine glass holder, outlined by Roy & Dale's picture, which will soon be hanging on a wall, in my office.



I am so happy about the rake and I love how it looks on the wall. It is very special to me, because I will never forget the story on how it got there and remind me of some of my favorite people that I love. "Thank you, Carol, for inspiring me and cheering me up. You definitely made my day great. Cheers!"

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Fay said...

That is AWESOME!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! It is awesome and I love it. When you and Ian come down, from Canada, for a visit, we'll use the super, cool, Fess Parker wine glasses, to drink some boxed wine, when we do Happy Hour, in Outer Space!

Unknown said...

That is such a cute idea!!!

cousin nancy said...

I know! Your sweet aunt Carol gave me the idea.